Best money making strategy for Omega Realms [including video]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Uncursed, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Uncursed

Ratings:
    +13
    upload_2018-7-25_18-10-37.png

How to make $30 million every 24 hours
    When looking through the prices in the /shop menu, I noticed that sugar cane prices were particularly high considering their increased growth rate on Omega Realms. sugar cane goes for $500 per stack and and $27,000 per double chest, sugar cane doesn't go towards the f top value of your faction in the way that iron golem spawners do.

Below are 2 examples of fully automatic sugar cane farms that were built in PyRO faction territory using the same basic system.

upload_2018-7-25_18-18-27.png
    upload_2018-7-25_18-21-3.png

each farm took around 12 hours to build, and generate around $15,000,000 /day

below is a video tutorial I've put together on how to build this basic system:

use /f upgrade to upgrade speed of production

cave spider spawners are another way to silently generate income.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TexasYall

Ratings:
    +152
    That's honestly pretty impressive! Both of the ways that you have listed are amazing :p

3. CriticalClient

Ratings:
    +148
    I think you may not have considered to cost to build such a farm yet. Sugarcane may be an easily cultivated crop, but to produce mass amounts of it requires so many observers (an alternative way is to use redstone clocks, which require either hoppers, repeaters or comparators) to drive the system required to automatically harvest the actual planted sugarcanes.
    With the math, assuming you want to make 30000000 every 24 hours...
    You need 30000000/500 (60000) stacks of sugarcane per day.
    That's... 60000/54 (around 1111 double chests) of sugarcane.
    Hoppers only can hold 5 stacks of items. With that in mind,
    In vanilla Minecraft (assuming the mechanics work this way) hoppers transfer around 2.5 items per second, but only if connected horizontally. They transfer items approximately twice as fast, so 5 items per second.
    Since 64/5 = 12.8, it should take 12.8 seconds to transfer a stack.
    You need 60000 stacks.
    Assuming your water transport system is at 100% efficiency (highly doubt so but it's theoretical)...
    In a day, there are 24*60*60 = 86400 seconds.
    86400/12.8 = 6750, which means that in a day (with one hopper that collects all the sugarcane), you can only collect 6750 stacks. Not enough.
    Let's say we have more hoppers.
    Since one hopper will only produce 6750 stacks in a day, and we need at least 60000 (60k) stacks...
    60000/6750 = approximately 8.89 hoppers. Let's say 9 hoppers, working at peak efficiency.
    One hopper costs 25k.
    That's 225k, just for the hopper cost. At 100% transport efficiency.
    So the collection part costs 225k. Not including the water any everything.
    Sugarcane, in optimal conditions, grow once per 1088 seconds. Assuming that no grow time is wasted (all sugarcane is harvested once it grows beyond one block, which is basically impossible, but let's just assume it is somehow done), you need 60000 stacks (60000*54 = 3240000 items) per day (24 hours) to make 30 million.
    One day contains 86400 seconds as I said earlier.
    86400/1088 = approximately 79.4. Let's say it's 80.
    So one block of sugarcane will only produce 80 canes a day.
    But you need 3240000 canes, not 80.
    3240000/80 = 40500. You need at least 40500 blocks of sugarcane to reach the minimum amount of blocks needed (it actually is a bit smaller than the minimum), to actually create the needed amount of sugarcane.
    For actually enough sugarcane to be produced, let's just add around 500 blocks to it to increase production per day by 500*80 = 40000 items (312k extra produced for insurance).
    So in the end, you need at least 41000 dirt blocks, pistons, and redstone dust. Note that the 40k item production increase per day is enough to negate the possible reduction in production per day required by the assumed 100% efficiency and peak condition growth of the crops which are both impossible conditions.
    64 pistons cost you 4800. We need 41000 (41000/64 = approximately 641 stacks). 641*4800 = 3076800, or, around 3 million and 77k.
    It costs 1600 to buy one stack of sugarcane. We need 41000 sugarcanes to actually start our farm. So, around 641 stacks of sugarcanes. 641*1600 = 1025600.
    It costs 800 to buy one stack of redstone. Same logic : we need 641 stacks. But this time it costs 800 instead, so half : around 512800 dollars for the redstone.
    You still need dirt. Dirt costs 250 per stack. You need 641 stacks. 641*250 = 160250.
    512800+1025600+3076800+225000 = 4840200.
    For some, 4.8 million is cheap.
    For some others, it is not.
    Remember when I said you need 41000 dirt, redstone dust, sugarcane and pistons to have enough harvesting for your farm? Looking at the automatic crop harvest design, you also need a water transport system. So for one unit of automatic crop harvesting, you need a space of at least 4x3x3, or 3x3x4 (x, y, z). That's at least 36 blocks.
    41000 units of sugarcane, automatically being harvested.
    36*41000 = 1476000.
    That's how many blocks you need. Assuming you're gonna make a cube structure for your farm,
    I'll cube root 1476000.
    It's around 114 blocks on each side. Because you need walls to hold the water in and also the space for the hoppers and chests, it's around 118 blocks per side to be the most compact.
    And don't forget the lag it'll make :p
    (You also need multiple people to use sell wands on the chest as people have to sleep too).
    118 blocks per side. Assuming you use cobblestone for the walls (not scaffolds), that's around 118^3 - 116^3 = 82136 blocks as an approximate. That's 82136/64 = approx. 1283.3 stacks, so to be secure let's just say 1284 stacks of cobblestone is needed.
    One stack costs 200 (cobblestone).
    200*1284 = 256800.
    Add that to the aforementioned cost of 4840200 (+256800) = 5097000, which is basically 5 million.
    And don't forget the work that needs to be done laying all that for this cost.
    To be honest, I doubt you can finish it in 12 hours without help from a team.

4. Srijan

Ratings:
    +1,588
    or just find a schem & finish it in less than 2 hours :shrug:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. CriticalClient

Ratings:
    +148
    Not everyone knows how to use schem, which is why I stated that such a farm isn't easily made for a lot of people.

6. Uncursed

Ratings:
    +13
    I built both farms solo without schem. Unfortunately I could only get them running for a couple of days before getting banned but I am probably still sitting on baltop with $30+ million. It it easily possible solo with enough patience and starting balance. Sugar cane growth is boosted on factions and even faster in factions that have upgraded crop growth. Because it doesn't use clocks and instead uses buds, it doesn't count as a lag machine (But could probably cause lag if built bigger). It pays for itself anyway so cost isn't that big an issue

7. CriticalClient

Ratings:
    +148
    Nonetheless, as I stated, it requires patience and quite some work. It may pay for itself but the fact that it's fairly tedious to build, particularly for some new players proves my point.

8. _LiquidFlame_

Ratings:
    +3,391
    I thought this was Omega Realm, not math class.

9. CriticalClient

Ratings:
    +148
    Math is in our everyday life.
    Also, the math included in that post is actually ridiculously simple. Far from what any secondary/middle school student would be learning.

10. Uncursed

Ratings:
    +13
    the maths is simple when you make innacurate assumptions.

You assumed that the farm could only be built at once where in reality it takes around $30k to start building, and as you build, the farm is fully functional which means you generate money as you build. because /f upgrade is a thing, sugar cane farms can have boosted growth, and on omega the sugar cane growth is already bigger than that on other servers, the farm doesn't have to be all that big to function well. the farm can be significantly more space efficient than any cactus farm, and yield more money than iron golem farms for a fraction of the cost. the only real cost is time and with even 2 people, you could theoretically half the 16 hours I spent on the farms.

If you want further proof that such a farm is possible, you can visit "x:5878 y:9392" which were the coordinates of one of my farms. you may also be able to tell that I was planning on doubling the size of the farm, generating an additional 15 million/day. the other farm is still fully functional and do not want to disclose the coordinates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ProBuilder

Ratings:
    +114
    #11 ProBuilder, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    guys
    heres my farm
    *in edit* wow i forgot to add in the links and stuff rip uwu they're below *I don't know if it's less expensive, it just seemed that way when I was building it.

=+I EDIT I+=
    In reference to Criticals post, you do not need to buy dirt. You can mine that. You only need 1 sugarcane to start off. You only need 2 water buckets for an infinite water source to get ALL the water. Redstone can be achieved easily by mining, especially with a fortune 3 pickaxe. If you're going to make a farm on this scale, you'd likely already have all of those. You can remove observers from the farm if you use redstone sparingly and have repeaters.

=+I EDIT 2 I+=
    ALL PHOTO LINKS
    Powering System http://prntscr.com/kp4ncs
    AFKArmourStand Setup http://prntscr.com/kp4o70
    Sugarcane Setup http://prntscr.com/kp4oph (the blue wool is where water goes, because of the pressure plates blocking it. You don't need to do this on higher rows. You need a full box behind on the higher rows.
    Storage System http://prntscr.com/kp4pg0
    With 2nd Row and design [FRONT] http://prntscr.com/kp50mr
    With 2nd Row and design [BACK] http://prntscr.com/kp51bh
    With 2nd Row and design [TOP] http://prntscr.com/kp51o2

*You can use obsidian or furnaces for immovable blocks in the design, they're the cheapest on factions.*
    This design uses no observers, or comparators, or unneccessary amount of pistons.

12. ProBuilder

Ratings:
    +114
    My farm (bad) mentioned above got 4 1/2 stacks in 1 hour, keep in mind that I only built 2 rows of the farm, so i guess it's an okay alternative :D

13. CriticalClient

Ratings:
    +148
    I never said such a farm isn't possible, and the inaccurate assumption that you pointed out, although correct, does not have much impact on my actual point : the farm itself costs money. It doesn't matter how much money it'll make later, it's just that :
    1 : Not everyone has printer,
    2 : Base cost which not everyone can afford,
    3 : If not using printer, the skill and effort required to build such a farm.
    Sure, after you build the farm, maybe you'll get a LOT of money.
    but... you still have to build the farm.
    Yeah, and my other point that such a farm may get raided renders the sugarcane growth insignificant.
    I only pointed it out because in your original post, you made it seem like an easy way. My argument is just that it's not as easy as people may think.

14. Uncursed

Ratings:
    +13

1 : Not everyone has printer,
    2 : Base cost which not everyone can afford,
    3 : If not using printer, the skill and effort required to build such a farm.

1, anyone can install printer its free and easy to use. I didnt have printer when I made the farm originally and still dont
    2, it is a fraction of the price of an IG and you could probably get $30k within an hour of starting the server (I would happily prove that to you if you want)
    3, there is no skill at all in creating it. maybe for the first time it requires a bit of copying from the tutorial but trust me, after the first 3-4 you can replicate it easily. There is effort, involved but it took me around 24 hours to make the 2 farms that can produce 30 million solo. A normal person doesnt have to create such a big farm and could just settle for one that produces $2mill/day which would still be better than having a few igs and would take less than a couple of hours to build.

I stand by the fact that this is by far the best money making strategy on this server but certainly wouldnt be on most other servers. using this comes with the added benefit that barely anyone raids a sugar cane farm.
    as someone who has been playing factions for coming close to 8 years, I can quite easily identify flaws in the economy on the server and the sugar cane rates on this server are probably up there with the best I have ever seen.

15. CriticalClient

Ratings:
    +148
    Yes, anyone can install printer. No, not everyone will. What's more, printer does not work for everyone. Thus your method is not universal.
    Also, I think you may have misread my first post. It's 5 mil base cost, not 30k.
    If 30k takes you a day, I'll spare you the math - but making 5 mil will probably take longer than a week unless you play a LOT.

16. Uncursed

Ratings:
    +13
    i said I didnt use printer to build it and therefore it is universal.
    the main cost is the hoppers. the rest is quite cheap.
    I dont want to sit here "debunking" your posts but these farms exist and did get me 30mill/day. you build a farm for 30k and will probably get that back within half an hour which can pay for more expansion

17. Dizcover

Junior Mod

Ratings:
    +184
    Try hard losers

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. rven

Ratings:
    +1,213
    just become a good scammer and youll make a lot more than 30 mil

19. Nichodic

Ratings: