USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Bring back the old auction system!

PeanutBuddar

Staff of the Month
Reaction score
Hello there, recently I have noticed that the current auction house on skyblock is absolutely FULL of duplicate items sold by the same person usually as an attempt to get loads of cash. This is rather annoying and terrible for the economy on here. Items are being spammed to death, usually filling up more than one page of the auction house.
You may wonder, what would be the solution to this? And this is where my suggestion comes in. Bringing back the old auction plugin. (this one: http://prntscr.com/mjtikc )
I feel like this would improve the economy by slowing down the rate at which auctions are presented. In this plugin you are required to wait in a queue before your item is auctioned.This auction system also lets the auctioned item be bid on. This adds suspense when it's a good item and is usually very fun to try and win these auctions.
I know the players that regularly auction loads of items wouldn't be happy about this auction system, but the loads of players that I've talked to seem pretty agitated that these players can just spam items on the current auction house, I feel like the majority of players would enjoy having this old auction system added back into the game and would make things easier and more fair.
Thx for coming to my TED talk
-Peanut

Reaction score
+1 I do agree that the auction house is out of hand where you can just put as many items as you want, pre reset max was 10 items per player.

+1/-1 While I would like to see the old auction plugin return for nostalgia purposes I wouldn't want it to replace the auction house, maybe if they were both options then that'd be good but having it replace the auction house isn't a good idea imo.

Reaction score
+1 Thanks Humble for linking my thread. I agree 100%. The economy is very broken and all you have to do to see that is do /baltop and look at all the people with millions, me included. I think restrictions on how many items you can auction will help, and possibly changing the prices of some items. The economy needs some work for sure

Reaction score
I agree with all of the points you are making but I feel that a better way to deal with this issue would be this forum https://forum.omegarealm.com/threads/fixes-to-ah.84667/.
The ah is great for people to actually sell things for a set price over time, but it just needs more regulation as I mentioned before with item limits and time reductions.

Still a good suggestion tough.
thanks for linking my thread :smiley:

Reaction score
We need a new auction plugin for both skyblock and survival!!!! I have been scammed 100k in the last few days because it didn't drop the items like it said it did. I have made multiple bug reports and none of them have even been viewed by staff. bout ready to quit omega again until they fix most things

Reaction score
We need a new auction plugin for both skyblock and survival!!!! I have been scammed 100k in the last few days because it didn't drop the items like it said it did. I have made multiple bug reports and none of them have even been viewed by staff. bout ready to quit omega again until they fix most things
It should put it in the Canceled auctions tab in the auction house which is the chest, unless ur talking about buying stuff from /ah then idk.

Reaction score
The AuctionHouse plugin that's used by Omega is fine as it is. Stuff can stay on the AH while you are offline.
Nevertheless i know that there is a setting in the plugin that sets the max amount of items someone can have in the AH.
It would be great if they set that to like 5 or 10 so you can't auc more then that.

I feel you problem, 1 person filling up the AH to the max leaving no room for other stuff.

Reaction score
+1
the old auction system also made it so there was obviously an item being sold, but theres loads of poeple who dont even know /ah is a thing

I also just miss it

but also the current system makes it so you can auction multiple items at once, and overnight. What if there was both?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, I think it’s a good idea, BUT, what about the fact that ah is currently the only way to pay people? And most people sell direct sales through that, if you get rid of ah you get rid of any direct sales between players, which makes sky block a major pain if you can’t buy stuff

Reaction score
Ok, I think it’s a good idea, BUT, what about the fact that ah is currently the only way to pay people? And most people sell direct sales through that, if you get rid of ah you get rid of any direct sales between players, which makes sky block a major pain if you can’t buy stuff
oooh thats a good point. well maybe this could be implemented when pay is fixed

PeanutBuddar

Staff of the Month
Reaction score
we still have /trade. yes its annoying but its another way to pay people