Can we get some updates about future plans from staff?

Discussion in 'Survival Suggestions' started by ZedsNotDed, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,582
    The server is dying, honestly don’t think there’s a point in them working on improvements as basically everything they’ve done in the past that was requested by players was complained about the next week. It’s kinda sad but the server is coming to an end and there’s not much anyone can do about it as mine craft itself is also coming to an end. Maybe we can have a fortnite server when save the world comes out

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sgsrocks

Ratings:
    +50
    omega is legit dieing now.. give us a better server to play on and why does u guys need 50+ plugins >.<

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pikachu

Ratings:
    +436
    I'm a bit split on this. There are more people leaving the server than people coming in, so that does mean the server population is going down. I feel this is largely due to the introduction of other major title games which target a similar audience as Minecraft does. And the people who continue to play Minecraft don't find their way to Omega Realm, however unique it may be. I digress, I do believe that fixing these bugs would encourage more people to stay on the server. However, when players' friends leave, they tend to leave to as a large part of Omega Realm is playing with friends. This is the main reason people are leaving, but I definitely agree, fixing bugs and ensuring player satisfaction comes first over advertising at the moment.

tldr: People are leaving because their friends are leaving. I believe Omega should focus on ensuring player satisfaction first as well though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GustoWind

Ratings:
    +1,641
    That is very true, I feel most people quit cause their friends quit playing, and they have no one really to enjoying playing with.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. TheDivineVanessa

Ratings:
    +22
    :(I really want survival to be revived

6. Emeraldgirl11

Ratings:
    +49
    Yeah I agree, Survival needs a major change, the player count is absolutely ridiculously low, especially for summer. Even I, who used to be a very avid player on Survival, do not do much because of how many people Survival has lost and there is not a super ton to do when there is a low player count. As I sit typing this right now there are only 13 people on myself included and most are afk. I most likely will not even do my 4th of July firework show on here because of how low the player count is, and I have done the show for the past 3 years on here, it is so saddening to see that Survival has became in such a shape. I have seen Survival hit some rough points in its nearly three years I have been on here but this is by far the worse. I love Omega and Survival and I want to see it recover because it is such a fantastic place with fantastic people. If Survival wants to see a formidable future something has to be done. Resets are fantastic for getting players but the hype doesn't last long until everyone is gone again. I think the key to helping to fix these issues would of course be to fix the many technical issues mentioned above but also to address the problem with player count and ultimate lack of interest in the server. You, as well as I, have noticed that the entire server as a whole has took a tremendous player count blow. We should first focus on keeping the players who are still around around, they are important. The next thing would be to drawl new players to the server. Now I am not going to lie and say I have this extravagant plan that will blow everyone out of the water and fix everything, that's where the people on this server and staff come in. I think it would be great to get some communication between staff and players going on a serious level. Staff want to see this server succeed and people want a server that is fun and interesting. Keeping good communication between the two would ensure players are listened to and the changes we need could be made as well as keep good and fresh ideas flowing. This should not just apply for Survival of course, but for Omega as a whole, since every game mode has lost people. Hopefully with some good ideas implanted and a little more publicity we can keep the old players around and keep new ones coming =).

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. SoupX

Ratings:
    +401
    I agree, mc is dying out. Everyone’s switching over to fortnite, call of duty, and a bunch of other games. Honestly, mojang being sold to Microsoft has killed the game since then

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dumb cunt

Ratings:
    +636
    #28 dumb cunt, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Yea I agree, I happen to be on of those people that left the server due to friends leaving
    These days I don't really hear many servers with classic games like creative, pvp etc doing too well, especially if they gotta compete with servers like the Hive

9. JayIsHigh

Ratings:
    +426
    Even if there was good communication between staff and players (which there sorta is anyway) nothing would get done cus management don't do shit. They need new management and maybe promote someone from sr mod to admin and hope that they actually do stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dizcover

Helper

Ratings:
    +134
    The only thing that is going to bring omega back, is someone who has a popular fan base who can bring players to the server

• Agree Agree x 1