USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Downloadable Worlds After Reset

Reaction score
Everyone hates losing Minecraft worlds they put effort into, so here is the solution for OMEGAREALM's server reset problem:
After each Skyblock reset (where all islands are deleted), a downloadable copy of each island should be available somewhere on the OMEGAREALM website. This way, people don't have to put effort into building amazing structures just to have them be deleted later on, and they can improve on them after the reset. Also, this would allow for people to use old Skyblock islands as inspiration for their new ones after the reset.

How it could work:
On the OMEGAREALM website, there could be a way to search for players islands. This could open a page that has a download of their island, and those of past resets. Next to each download, it would be very helpful to have some stats, such as the day it was reset, their island level, the day they started, island votes, money balance, etc.

Problems and Solutions
  • Voidchests/stacked blocks/CEs/etc are not in vanilla Minecraft- so manually or automatically have them deleted or deactivated (CEs to nether stars, stacked blocks not stacked blocks, Voidchests into normal chests, etc.) before uploading the world.
  • Minecraft Update compatibility (not on the correct version)- upload the worlds on the highest (stable) version available, to prevent errors.
  • Plugins not being in most peoples vanilla Minecraft- Since this is a post-reset environment, there is no need for any plugins. The world would still work fine, since people would just building and revisiting. Don't forget to give us commands!
  • What if the server uses a plugin that puts all the island on the same world- Just have a download link to that world instead, and put the coordinates of that player's island in their stats. Just make sure to allow teleportation!
  • What about after the next reset- Simply have the website keep both worlds on the players page (make sure to label them with the dates of the reset)
  • What if someone doesn't want to have a download of their island- Make it toggle-able, so people can remove their island's download from the website.
If there are any other issues with this concept, please let me know! This would be the most significant update in OMEGAREALM history.
TL;DR- The OMEGAREALM website should have downloadable versions of people's islands after each reset, so they don't lose their worlds.

Reaction score

just use world downloader to download ur island
I understand that a "World Downloader Mod" could work. However, I do not believe that mods/hacks are allowed on OMEGAREALM, and I don't wanna get banned.

Reaction score
I understand that a "World Downloader Mod" could work. However, I do not believe that mods/hacks are allowed on OMEGAREALM, and I don't wanna get banned.
if the Mod is provided by the server, you wont get banned.

OneMic

Friend
Reaction score
or u could just download it yourself, i dont believe world downloader is against the rules and they probably wont catch u using it anyway

Reaction score

Reaction score
If you realy wanna download it, i would use world downlaoder as suggested above. Lots of factions players would use that in the past to find flaws in opposing factions base defenses.
A Minecraft 'world' folder grows pretty fast in a short time. To give you an example, i recently made a backup of a whitelisted server, that world was about 8 - 9 GB. and it has only about 12 playerson that server.

imagine a OmegaRealm world folder to ba prob +20GB and probably even closer around 50GB fora busy survival server for instance....