USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Factions Combat Rework Idea

Reaction score
I've noticed that the PvP aspect of Factions has been a bit broken for a while, and with the introduction of Custom Enchants (or CEs), the problem has only gotten worse. So, I wanted to suggest an idea to essentially simplify/vanillafy PvP by removing PvP CEs and by hard-capping any and all combat enchants to their vanilla levels (ex. Prot 4, Sharp 5).This would prevent people's gear from becoming OP and extremely annoying to fight against, and would allow skilled players to shine and progress. I believe that by setting a lower gear gap, it will raise the skill gap by forcing players to get better at PvP or to find new, innovative ways to kill other players, instead of grinding for weeks or by buying a kit that makes them virtually unkillable or able to kill others very quickly. It would also help keep new players in, because they would be given more of a chance to compete, since no matter how late they join, they won't be horribly, horribly outclassed in the PvP department.

Other "Optional" suggestions:
-Remove God Apples
-Disable Combat MCMMO skills.

Discussion and Feedback is encouraged, please give your opinions and ideas, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Reaction score
I think they should remove all COMBAT CE on swords and keep CE on armor and remove combat mcmmo

so ultimately I agreee +1

Reaction score
i think that ce are to op if i look how quick im dead by a sword full of ce's i think just make it super rare to get or remove it but another thing to work towards like people keep playing and farming for now people are online for getting the ce's

Reaction score
Custom Enchants open up a new aspect of the game and people in Eternal quite enjoy custom enchants,
They're also cooland epic

dragonfan96

Helper
Reaction score
I do feel as though the more you progress in Factions getting up to Uber Kits and rarely
When you have just standard Uber against say Someone that has a Stacking Enchanted sword with Life Steal and Vamp and Wither and Excute and all these other Buffs to ensure a 1HKO from Uber armored people and below, It makes you suffer for when others try to KOTH and dont have that fair shot to someone else that has insanely broken CE gear that could see some nerfed Enchants rather than a complete shutdown of the PVP enchants

+1

Reaction score
I do feel as though the more you progress in Factions getting up to Uber Kits and rarely
When you have just standard Uber against say Someone that has a Stacking Enchanted sword with Life Steal and Vamp and Wither and Excute and all these other Buffs to ensure a 1HKO from Uber armored people and below, It makes you suffer for when others try to KOTH and dont have that fair shot to someone else that has insanely broken CE gear that could see some nerfed Enchants rather than a complete shutdown of the PVP enchants

+1
lol just make a gset XD

Reaction score
Custom Enchants open up a new aspect of the game and people in Eternal quite enjoy custom enchants,
They're also cooland epic
Not throwing shade or anything, but doesn't that kind of discredit your argument, by saying that the current top faction, with all the OP CEs and Maxed MCMMO, and all the God Kits, enjoys how it is and thinks it shouldn't change? Of course you guys would like the current system, because it's what's letting you go completely uncontested. The top 1% can't speak for the other 99% of the player base, especially with such a wide power gap between them.

Reaction score
In my opinion, going "OP" was what killed/is killing the server. Prison went OP, and died so quickly. Skyblock pretty much hands you everything through crates if you vote, or through unchecked OreGen, and people are getting bored of it because there is no challenge or grind, making builds and milestones much less rewarding. Factions dies quickly because one or two Factions get all the OP kits and items and decimates the competition before anyone can build up to a good spot to contest tthem. So by nerfing everything down to a manageable level, it would put more emphasis on individual skill and group coordination, instead of emphasising having all the super strong enchants and OP kits and such. By hard capping gear, a new player to the server with extensive PvP experience can compete with the top factions and have a chance to win a fight, instead of being instantly obliterated by a broken set of enchants that oneshots someone in full Prot. 4, even with a gapple in effect.

Reaction score
Not throwing shade or anything, but doesn't that kind of discredit your argument, by saying that the current top faction, with all the OP CEs and Maxed MCMMO, and all the God Kits, enjoys how it is and thinks it shouldn't change? Of course you guys would like the current system, because it's what's letting you go completely uncontested. The top 1% can't speak for the other 99% of the player base, especially with such a wide power gap between them.
You don't need to spend money to get gsets liek everyone's been saying. I'll explain how to get a gset. Firstly you make a suger cane farm you get money then you make a blaze farm then grind xp then keep getting custom enchants get more xp etc etc. Everyone can do it lmao

Reaction score
You don't need to spend money to get gsets liek everyone's been saying. I'll explain how to get a gset. Firstly you make a suger cane farm you get money then you make a blaze farm then grind xp then keep getting custom enchants get more xp etc etc. Everyone can do it lmao
Right, I know that. What I'm saying is, not everyone has weeks to grind for that, because you don't always get the CEs you want, so you gotta keep trying for it, and not everyone has time for that. But that isn't even the issue. The issue is, one group of players grinds for weeks, then they can decimate everyone, even people in full Prot 4. and Gapples. It's broken af, and doesn't promote being good at PvP at all. It just promotes grinding extremely hard to become untouchable. It's not competitive, and unfair to newer players and is making everyone leave. For the longevity of the server, and to make Factions more fun and competitive, they need to go.

Reaction score
Right, I know that. What I'm saying is, not everyone has weeks to grind for that, because you don't always get the CEs you want, so you gotta keep trying for it, and not everyone has time for that. But that isn't even the issue. The issue is, one group of players grinds for weeks, then they can decimate everyone, even people in full Prot 4. and Gapples. It's broken af, and doesn't promote being good at PvP at all. It just promotes grinding extremely hard to become untouchable. It's not competitive, and unfair to newer players and is making everyone leave. For the longevity of the server, and to make Factions more fun and competitive, they need to go.
Well i'm just saying it from a faction that has gsets perspective

Reaction score
Well i'm just saying it from a faction that has gsets perspective
Fair enough, and other viewpoints have been asked to be presented, so I appreciate your input. The point of this thread is to discuss and debate the idea, so sorry if I maybe debated a bit too strongly.

But, I know a few amazing PvPers who don't want to go anywhere near Factions because they go there to fight, and even if they put the time and effort into getting decent kits through normal methods, ie vanilla enchanting and grinding, they get easily outmatched by someone with even a few CEs or someone who dropped $5-10 on a kit with enchants with levels beyond anything they can make themselves. And they are people who are use to PvPing and are some of the best on the server. Now just imagine it from a new player's perspective. 9/10 they are just going to quit and never rejoin, which is what we see happening quite a lot. The problem isn't entirely on CEs, but CEs exasperate the issue quite a bit.

Reaction score
While Ï do admit that god sets are a huge advantage to players, it also allows us to work for something incredibly worth it. It allows us to strive for more and to search for the best combination possible (ï.e the best god set to aid you in pvp).
In Kiryko’s msg, various omega realm servers dying are all tied to being too op and giving less of an opportunity to grind. However, on facs, ce’s allow the player to work hard for something that really pays off. Even when a few people played facs, Ï still played because of the custom enchants and the grind. Custom enchants allow players to decrease the distance in their skill gap through hard work. If you buy a god set via gkit, it has around TWO custom enchants. Paying 30 dollars or such for these gkits does NOT mean you get an instant god set. You’d still have to grind for the many remaining enchants, and it allows players to compete for more. (Around ~14 enchants!)
Compared to the Uber kit, god sets are SO op. This was only a problem because everyone quit and one faction was allowed to grind without any competition. Custom enchants aren’t normally this game breaking because they are regulated. In the next season, god sets will be harder to get, and they will give every single player a goal to aid them.
Overall, I’d say keep the custom enchants! Ï really enjoyed them, and Ï loved grinding for them. If Ï want to have a fair duel with another player, we could just go to kitpvp. If the economy and players are well-balanced, then the custom enchants shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Also, if they are going to be nerfed, it should be a small nerf regarding enchants, not the whole plugin itself (because it’s really fun)!!
-1 lo siento but ï rly love custom enchants on any server

Reaction score
While Ï do admit that god sets are a huge advantage to players, it also allows us to work for something incredibly worth it. It allows us to strive for more and to search for the best combination possible (ï.e the best god set to aid you in pvp).
In Kiryko’s msg, various omega realm servers dying are all tied to being too op and giving less of an opportunity to grind. However, on facs, ce’s allow the player to work hard for something that really pays off. Even when a few people played facs, Ï still played because of the custom enchants and the grind. Custom enchants allow players to decrease the distance in their skill gap through hard work. If you buy a god set via gkit, it has around TWO custom enchants. Paying 30 dollars or such for these gkits does NOT mean you get an instant god set. You’d still have to grind for the many remaining enchants, and it allows players to compete for more. (Around ~14 enchants!)
Compared to the Uber kit, god sets are SO op. This was only a problem because everyone quit and one faction was allowed to grind without any competition. Custom enchants aren’t normally this game breaking because they are regulated. In the next season, god sets will be harder to get, and they will give every single player a goal to aid them.
Overall, I’d say keep the custom enchants! Ï really enjoyed them, and Ï loved grinding for them. If Ï want to have a fair duel with another player, we could just go to kitpvp. If the economy and players are well-balanced, then the custom enchants shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Also, if they are going to be nerfed, it should be a small nerf regarding enchants, not the whole plugin itself (because it’s really fun)!!
-1 lo siento but ï rly love custom enchants on any server
Right, I understand what you're saying, and I can see the appeal. The issue is, that makes Factions solely about grinding until you're unbeatable. I think that by setting a cap on what you can grind for, PvP gear wise, it will put less emphasis on grinding for an unbeatable combo, and more emphasis on going out and fighting people, and breaking into bases, and it will also make it more feasible to defend against an attack on your base if you are on. Grinding for something that has a high return value is one thing, but when that thing allows you to essentially oneshot people, and only the 1-2 other top factions have them, it makes it really difficult to progress as a player who isn't in the top factions. And if new players feel like there is absolutely no way for them to compete, they leave, which reduces the competition until the only people left are the ones on top, and then they get bored and leave because there is no challenge anymore. If we set the cap at something new players can see and know they can obtain, they will be more inclined to stay and play.

Reaction score
although i dont think pvp should be everything on factions i do believe there should be a part of the pvp aspect that counts so as a player you still need to be able to aim instead of just hopping out with an iron man suit

Reaction score
+1
CEs are too OP, any new player or player that hasn't been grinding for hours (Or auto-clicking like some eternal members) physically stands 0 chance in any sort of pvp against ces, regardless of skill and in my personal opinion skill should usually win over grinding time on factions depending on the situation.

but also fix the many many other things wrong with factions, and add a good captcha system to prevent players from botting :D

Reaction score
+1
but also fix the many many other things wrong with factions, and add a good captcha system to prevent players from botting :D
That is also a massive thing. There are quite a few things that need to be fixed with factions, and I'm going to start writing them down, so I can have an actual list of them for future reference. I'd like to ask for some things here, but that's not what this thread is about, so feel free to DM or /mail me things that need to be fixed in factions, so I can keep a tally on popular fix requests.

Reaction score
I think we should just keep a few not gaming changing enchants so we still have a slight advantage if we have ce's but nothing too OP

Reaction score
perfectly balanced, as all things should be. no not rly i dont see how its fun wacking 1 person for nearly 10 minutes to pretty much get nowhere lol