Guide To Allowed Mods/Forbidden Mods on Omega Realm

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by GustoWind, Jan 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GustoWind

Ratings:
    +1,520
    #1 GustoWind, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    I made this post cruz I've seen people sometimes have trouble on knowing what mods are allow and not allow on Omega Realm, well here is a summary on the allowed mods. If there a mod you like to be submitted to see if its allow or not, post it in the thread so SrMod+ can see it, cruz usually Mods and below usually are unsure on sometimes what mods are allowed since different types of mods are well known by certain communities.
    * Note This List Might Change From Time To Time

Allowed Mods - You can use them on the server

Optifine
    - A mod that helps increase your FPS, and improves your minecraft

Forge
    - Helps you run multiple mods

Better Sprint/Toggle Sneak
    - Helps you always have sprint on, common in the pvp community

5Zig Mod/Laby Mod
    - Common mod in the pvp community, basically displays your potion status, armor huds, and can reconnect you right away if you get disconnected from a server.

Shaders
    - Makes your minecraft world look more fabulous and flashy

Schematica
    - A well known mod on both Factions/Creative it display a hologram of blocks, loaded from a schematic file, for easier building. You can also save your creations to schematic files and share them.
    * Known Versions 1.8,1.8.9,1,9-1.11
    * Note due to Omega Realm updating the Anti-Cheat, the printer feature of schematica is disable.
    * Edit - Currently Printer works on Factions, if it works you can use it.

World Downloader
    - Well known in the Factions community, it basically downloads the world chunks you are in, which is useful to raiders to raid a base, or people wanting to save their builds when a map resets. We had an issue fight for this to be allowed since, its commonly allow on most of the big servers, also cruz people sometimes want to save their builds when a map resets,
    * Requires Lite Loader

Lighting Edit
    - A simple mod used to adjust/remove the spread of lighting to increase your fps in most situations.

Damage Indicators
    - A mod that allows you to see your opponent's health and how much damage you do.

Chunk Borders
    - Not well known, this Allows you to see the border's of chunks, you can also use the ingame factions plugin for this also.

Mini-Maps
    - Mini-Maps are only allowed if they don't show other players/mobs/caves/entities, I would suggested using map writer as it doesn't show anything besides the map and your location. If you are caught using one that shows other players/mobs/caves/entities. you will be banned. Waypoints are also allowed from mini-maps

Replay Mod
    - Not a well known mod, Kinda like world downloader, but instead records the activity that happens in the chunks you are in, then you can replay it back. Might make a video on how it works. Might also help in recording hackers.

Mo Bends Mod
    - Mo' Bends Mod for Minecraft 1.8/1.9.4/1.10.2/1.11.2 brings more animations to Minecraft. With this mod, there are more animations available for your default players movements including swimming, running, weapon swings, and more! Other movements for mobs are also added.

1.7 Animations Mod
    Makes you feel like you are pvping on 1.7 on 1.8 Minecraft. Note its noticeable to people without the mod, so its not client side.

Console Clients
    Its Minechat for your desktop, mostly use to help afk, note that players on minechat take no knockback and float in the air.

Forbidden Mods - Mods that are forbidden on the server

Hacked Clients
    - Common thing, you get the point, no hack clients or your get smack with the ban hammer.

X-Ray Texture Packs
    - Comes in hack clients, but also can come in texture packs, no x-raying or you will get the ban hammer.

Autoclickers
    - It mostly just clicks for you without you having to do it yourself. Most people tend to use it when grinding mobs. Mostly use by rulebreakers on Factions/Skyblock, and sometimes Survival. The best way to tell if someone is actually using an auto-clicker you need a staff member to tp the suspect to another location to see if they still clicking at the air.

Misc. Mods
    - Name tag mods, self explanatory, you can see name tags clearly from a distance. Not allowed, and you will be ban if caught.

Marcos
    - Macros allows you to press a key and it will execute a command. Its the mouse one

Unsure About - Need to get info from Management

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Adam

Ratings:
    +871
    Nice one gusto, looks like this will be very helpful !

3. Rowln

Ratings:
    +297
    Very helpfull! The community will benefit from this guide

4. Dark Spyro

Ratings:
    +29
    Replay mod would be helpful for hacker reports

Also just about every mod has macros of some sort i know my 5zig has a macro that automatically executes /leave when the key is pressed

However i would like to convo a staff member, another server brought up an issue with Labbymod

Also you have to be very careful when determining among hacks, vanilla minecraft, and minimaps they can be easily confused

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. GustoWind

Ratings:
    +1,520
    What I mean but macros is with a mouse.

6. Scepters

Birthday

Ratings:
    +610
    Hey, this is helpful as heck! Minimaps are not allowed, by the way. Thank you for making this! Please also add World Downloader to blacklisted :smiley:

7. GustoWind

Ratings:
    +1,520
    We already fought the issue with World Download since Sgs has gotten unban, and we went to Mike about this.

8. Scepters

Birthday

Ratings:
    +610
    Is it allowed now or somethin? If so, I kinda wish I was yknow, told that

9. GustoWind

Ratings:
    +1,520
    We argue our case and Sgs finally got unban

10. Scepters

Birthday

Ratings:
    +610
    Well, if its allowed then my apologies. I was not informed

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Sgsrocks

Ratings:
    +49
    There has been no word about world downloader being alllowed or disallowed. got to talk to hannay

12. Dark Spyro

Ratings:
    +29
    However there is an issue concerning labbymod

13. Ippo

Ratings:
    +107
    Thanks for the guide! This will definitely be helpful for the community.

14. Scepters

Birthday

Ratings:
    +610
    By the looks of it, most of labbymod looks cosmetic, besides the Map Finder and MiniMaps. I know we dont allow Minimaps, and things such as seed finders, but I would have to check with someone higher than myself, because each Admin/SrMod I talk to says something different. Hence my confusion with WD.

15. Dark Spyro

Ratings:
    +29
    You have a way bigger problem with labbymod than minimaps and such

16. Digitalization

Ratings:
    +322
    Minimaps are allowed as long as they do not show things like players and chests. Minimaps are only allowed if they are only showing the map - nothing else.

17. GustoWind

Ratings:
    +1,520
    Added the edit to the list

18. OrlandoCommando

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the information

19. Jokinq

Ratings:
    +351
    Yes you've been unbanned