USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

I need some help

Reaction score
I know you tech people are going to go all apeshit when you see what computer I am talking about. Just don´t. I am sorry if any of the information that I give about the tech is completely wrong, because it might be.

I got an Alienware x51 a really long time ago. I did not know what PC specifications were, and still don´t completely do, which is why I am making this, and therefore in my eyes the cheapest was the best. I won´t be listing all the specs here because you would just be talking about why it is shit and why I should not have bought it.

I will make a long story short. I remembered having this old computer but because it was slow and i did not want all the things on it I recently "factory reset" my computer. I had done this before and last time I did this I was told the computer would reset and start to delete and that stuff. It reset but then went to a blackscreen. Then it kept on making one beep which I believe is what it does on bootup and then turning off, again and again. I somehow fixed it that time. I recently wanted to factory reset it and the same thing happened. However, I have no idea how to fix it this time. I have tried literally everything in the BIOS (I believe this is not the Windows bios). Last time this happened I believe I i was able to enter the Windows bios where there was a factory reset button and it all worked out. This time i am not able to go into the windows bios for some reason. There is no factory reset button in the BIOS i am talking about, and i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

Comment here or message me for more information on this.

Edit:
I did do that computer scan i could find. I did the simple scan and everything was green. It asked for a more advanced scan that might take half an hour and so i did. Few hours passed and I decided to stop the scan to try some other stuff.

Last edited:

sarim

Friend
Reaction score
Try installing a windows media creation tool onto a USB and booting from your USB?

Reaction score
I will try your first suggestion tomorrow.
This is not a picture of my screen, but i found another picture from the internet. I think it is BIOS a13. I will check tomorrow but i am almost certain it says model A13 Bios on bootup.

It might be the harddrive. When i did the simple scan from the BIOS it used a long time on the harddrive scan, but everything else went by really quickly. Would i have to buy a new one?

Attachments

sarim

Friend
Reaction score
I will try your first suggestion tomorrow.
This is not a picture of my screen, but i found another picture from the internet. I think it is BIOS a13. I will check tomorrow but i am almost certain it says model A13 Bios on bootup.

It might be the harddrive. When i did the simple scan from the BIOS it used a long time on the harddrive scan, but everything else went by really quickly. Would i have to buy a new one?
A harddrive scan would take a long time, as its like 1tb or whatever, nothing new there. But yes if the HDD is faulty, you can RMA it or but another.

Also is there a certain "rhythm" to the beeps? etc number of beeps and long/short beeps. If so its most likely hardware issue.
Could also be a PSU problem, message me on discord, would be easier.