USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Is lightshot the screenshot thing safe?

Reaction score
It is, just make sure you download it from the correct place to make sure it's not a virus.

Reaction score
Sorry to Necro this thread, but this thread appears on search engines and I want to state:

Lightshot should not be considered safe. The program itself is not a trojan or virus, however the website that it uploads to prnt.sc is completely insecure. They do not randomize their links and have a base 6 counter, meaning you could just change 2 letters at the end of your link and end up at someone else's picture. IN ORDER! Users on 4chan have scraped the website multiple times to find personal information and payment info. Be very careful what you take there, because it won't ever leave and is easily publicly available.

I would recommend finding an alternative like sharex.

sarim

Friend
Reaction score
Sorry to Necro this thread, but this thread appears on search engines and I want to state:

Lightshot should not be considered safe. The program itself is not a trojan or virus, however the website that it uploads to prnt.sc is completely insecure. They do not randomize their links and have a base 6 counter, meaning you could just change 2 letters at the end of your link and end up at someone else's picture. IN ORDER! Users on 4chan have scraped the website multiple times to find personal information and payment info. Be very careful what you take there, because it won't ever leave and is easily publicly available.

I would recommend finding an alternative like sharex.
O_O if u change the link it takes u to a different picture

Jamie

Friend
Reaction score
go sharex woooooo with sharex you can add cool blob emojis :p