USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Let's talk - Jailbreaking

Alex

Friend
Reaction score
Hey Guys! So I have an iPhone SE JB 10.2 and I'm just curious to see if anyone else in the omega realm community has a jailbroken idevice. If you do, mind sharing your setup! I'd like to see what setups everyone has. Also, tell me what some of your favorite tweaks are!

Attachments

Reaction score
i jailbroke my ipad and it had like free everything but now it doesnt work :(

Alex

Friend
Reaction score
I wonder where the term jail breaking comes from
Imagine iOS being the jail. It doesn't give you access to cooler things, like theming your device, adding cool tweaks... And let's not forget- Free apps. The term jailbreak is breaking out of the jail of iOS. Giving you access to cooler things outside of the "jail"

Great question btw :smiley:

stewart

Administrator
3 Years as Staff
Reaction score
The SE is the 5s with the specs of a 6s. Just get a 6s lmao it's nothing special. But weird when jailbroken.

Reaction score
Imo,I think jailbreaking wih Android systems are much easier than those with IOS.Recently (yeah...I just figured) I knew how to jailbreak IOS,but for me it was much harder.But both is possible.The problem with jailbreaking is that it's harder to download foriegn applications on an iPhone as IOS only lets you download things from App Store.

Last edited:

Alex

Friend
Reaction score
Imo,I think jailbreaking wih Android systems are much easier than those with IOS.Recently (yeah...I just figured) I knew how to jailbreak IOS,but for me it was much harder.But both is possible.The problem with jailbreaking is that it's harder to download foriegn applications on an iPhone as IOS only lets you download things from App Store.
Through the Cydia Application you can download tweaks that enable you to get third party apps that are NOT on the App Store. For example:

MovieBox: Movie Box allows you to watch free movies and TV shows. Imagine Netflix, but there's no log in; it's just a screen full of television.
Playbox: Same as MovieBox
Flex: Flex allows you to tweak individual applications. Client side tweaks only
Local IAP Store: Allows you to get free premium tweaks with cydia and you get in app purchases for free.
And theres various others out there.

EDIT: I also don't see what is difficult about Downloading a program on your computer, plugging in your phone, downloading the jailbreak file or IPA, dragging it on the program window. Logging in with your apple account to give you and apple developer account, and then restarting your phone. Viola. Jailbroken

Reaction score
Through the Cydia Application you can download tweaks that enable you to get third party apps that are NOT on the App Store. For example:

MovieBox: Movie Box allows you to watch free movies and TV shows. Imagine Netflix, but there's no log in; it's just a screen full of television.
Playbox: Same as MovieBox
Flex: Flex allows you to tweak individual applications. Client side tweaks only
Local IAP Store: Allows you to get free premium tweaks with cydia and you get in app purchases for free.
And theres various others out there.

EDIT: I also don't see what is difficult about Downloading a program on your computer, plugging in your phone, downloading the jailbreak file or IPA, dragging it on the program window. Logging in with your apple account to give you and apple developer account, and then restarting your phone. Viola. Jailbroken
Cydia doesn't work for me for weird reasons.And I don't even really have interest in jailbreaking an iPhone as I'm planning to get a new Android operating device anyways.Thanks for the help though.