Let's talk punishments.

Discussion in 'News' started by Mikgreg, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccao56

Ratings:
    +194
    yeah that's good -_-

2. Mikgreg

Owner

Ratings:
    +2,639
    Not really, advertising is against the rules on practically every Minecraft server so it should be something you join with the assumption you'll be punished for doing. Advertising is pretty harmful for communities which some people don't realise, so we take the best steps possible to make sure it doesn't happen in our community.

3. Poison

Ratings:
    +303
    Now, advertising is bad, but I like how you only made the first punishment an hour mute. I'm certainly not saying that it's a bad punishment, but shouldn't it be maybe a 12 hour mute or even a day ban? I still like how you're going easy on the players, and these are just my suggestions. The current punishment system is great, might I add, but I just feel like the first advertising punishment is a little lackluster.

4. Mikgreg

Owner

Ratings:
    +2,639
    Nothing is final, we're actually going to be tweaking a lot of the punishment methods. The current one we are using is an early draft and we are evaluating how good it is at enforcing the rules and if we see something isn't working well enough it'll be changed. These things take a lot of time and a careful eye to research and perfect. Bear with us.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xXHanSoloGirlXx

Ratings:
    +1
    Dangit too bad my mute expired XD Actually not really but you get my point

6. bloodyraven3

Ratings:
    +38
    so you are letting people who constantly spam for 2 weeks+ come bacK? correct me if i am mistaken on that one but if true that's stupid "spam for the win?" unless perm mute lol

7. TheDogMinecraft

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm still banned on Omega (and I'm not saying I should not be), but I like it when servers aren't that harsh on you because you where angry for one night.:p

8. MatthewTNT79

Ratings:
    +0
    If only it applied for all unbans...

9. MatthewTNT79

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly

10. WanzyWanzzz

Ratings:
    +115
  11. XxPikaMasterxX

Ratings:
    +5
    Ok, so how does it work? In 2016, I got banned August 29st (I think) as a fixed ban for griefing, I thought it seemed pretty unfair, and just yesterday I got on my alt to ask staff a question on Survival/PVE and honestly said who I was, what happened? Perm Ban! AGAIN?!?! I was crying so hard, so if u think its unfair, unban me pls

12. Poison

Ratings:
    +303
    Well, when you get banned, anytime you join on an alternate account, both accounts get permanently banned for ban evasion. This is when you use an alt account to continue playing on the server. You should've just PMed a staff member on the forums. However, in 6 months, you can make a ban appeal and they'll give you a second chance. Sorry about this.

13. MatthewTNT79

Ratings:
    +0
    IS there any way someone can be pardoned for advertising?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.