USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

New default sorting and organizing

Which should be added?

• Total voters
Reaction score
note: you can select up to 2 options in the poll. please do not select none if you choose something else
Sorting
I've noticed many suggestions have been lost to newer suggestions being put up top. These suggestions have yet to be accepted, answered, or denied because many people don't even know they exist. My suggestion is, for the Server Suggestions subforum, have the default sorting of suggestions be oldest creation first, rather than newest post first

Advantages of new sorting
+ no suggestion is lost forever. every suggestion will, with time, be accepted, answered, or denied
+ first come, first serve. suggestions made first are more likely to be posted on before newer posts. popularity will never drag them down
+ out of date suggestions? well these will get resolved so people can see what actually applies to the current time
+ Your suggestion is guaranteed to be considered at some point

Disadvantages of new sorting

- when there are a lot of suggestions, newer ones may not be read for a bit
- to see the latest suggestion, you have to go to the last page
- long streaks of outdated suggestions may come up
- small stuff that is easily resolved

Organizing
I've noticed that sections like Forums Suggestions are rarely looked at. My suggestion is instead of forum sections, use prefixes to separate different suggestions

Advantages of prefixes
+ all suggestions are equally weighed. people will see factions suggestions just as much as forum suggestions
+ you can still only see one specific section. just click the Factions prefix and you can see all Factions suggestions
+ keeping these prefixes when moved to accepted or answered suggestions will make it easy to know what addition was made to what
+ All suggestions get seen with simple organization

Disadvantages of prefixes
- without clicking a prefix, could end up cluttered
- people could forget to put a prefix, causing confusion
- large waves of suggestions for a specific section could end up with a wall of [Map Submissions] prefixes
- once again, small stuff that is easily resolved

stewart

Administrator
2 Years as Staff
Reaction score
You can just use the tabs at the top

Reaction score
You can just use the tabs at the top

but most ppl don't do that, meaning most ppl still only see the most popular suggestions and only post on the most popular suggestions, this will make it so those with the oldest suggestion are more likely to get posts so there are no dead suggestions just filling the section with useless pages

Reaction score
tbh I just think that the problem is that management doesn't seem to look at older server suggestions and suggestions that are on servers that have not been updated in a while.
Example: The most recent Answered suggestion for Skyblock was 2 months ago. Accepted suggestion for Skyblock was 4 months ago and it was only to add Brown mushrooms to the shop.

xoxBellaxox

Senior Moderator
2 Years as Staff
Reaction score
I mean none of these are particularly necessary but idk :shrug:

Neutral

Reaction score
just so you know, this is one of the reasons I'm suggesting at least the prefixes part. No one really looks at how to improve the forums!