New server idea

Discussion in 'Misc Suggestions' started by Chrispified, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Chrispified

Ratings:
    +735
    #1 Chrispified, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    ok so get this:

a new server, that has the basic procedurally generated worlds, but everyone is in creative mode. Kind of like how universe was a mix of skyblock and prison, this would be a mix of creative and survival.

There are a few potential issues that I want to address and solve off the bat tho

1) People would be able to just break stuff to no end, making massive holes, destroying landscapes/potential building places etc. To combat that, I thought of a fix that, if possible, would make the entire world protected, until an area were to be claimed. Once someone claims an area, they can break and destroy blocks however they please, but they still cant break stuff outside of their claim.

2) Even with a claiming/world protection thing in place, people would still be able to claim a big area, dig a huge hole down to bedrock, and then leave, right? Wrong. Another potential fix, before the problem arises, is if someone claims an area, builds or breaks a whole bunch of stuff, then wants to unclaim it and move on, as soon as they unclaim/delete the claim, everything reverts back to how it was before it was claimed. (eg, say someone claims a mountain and destroys it entirely, when they unclaim it, the mountain will be completely back to the way it was)

another few things, everyone would start with around 2500 claimblocks (which easily allows for a 50x50 area) and gains claimblocks over time, the same as survival, and like when tokens were added, things like breaking and placing blocks and just spending time in general would give you cash that you can use to do things like skip cooldowns for commands, buy a few more claimblocks, and maybe even spawn eggs if you collect an absurd amount (there would still be caps to the amount of mobs in total in a claim [like 50 in total, across all of your claimed areas])

And before anyone says "the token idea was a bad idea for money" I know, it didn't generate much revenue at all, but with an ingame currency, it can allow f2p users the ability to collect stuff after putting a large amount of time into the game (say spending like 250 hours ingame, plus a considerable amount of blocks broken and placed gives you just enough to buy something like world edit, or some other cosmetic thing that doesn't cost a whole lot, maybe even giving people who spend shitloads of time ingame something a lil more special to make it a lil more worth the wait, maybe something that cant just be bought in the store for real money)

all in all, I think this whole thing could just be a subset of creative, like you just use a command to teleport to the progen world and go ham or whatever.
    that's pretty much all, thnx

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PeanutBuddar

Ratings:
    +410
    i feel like this would be fun and cool, it seems like it would be a unique addition to omega because no other server has a gamemode like this.
    +1

3. _LiquidFlame_

Ratings:
    +3,463
    A free build creative server is basically what you mean.

4. empol124

Ratings:
    +69
    ya ya ya +1

5. Humble

Ratings:
    +423
    +1 I think it could be a good replacement for creative

6. NZ_MOSE

Ratings:
    +88
    Perhaps just a survival world without pvp where everyone starts of with eff 5 tools and a certain ammount of money to purchase blocks or something.

7. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,677
    It would have to replace creative in my opinion as I don’t see the two co-existing well without damaging the population of the other

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. NZ_MOSE

Ratings:
    +88
    What population? Creative hardly gets above five players.

9. DaveHead

Ratings:
    +48
    i miss universe

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cr0ssley

Ratings:
    +160
  11. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,677
    Not from what Ive seen recently. The population has been pretty average

12. MinecraftLoverIQ

Ratings:
    +78
    Personally, yes. I still would like my idea of quests and story lines tho. In all, not a bad idea.

Also me and cr0ss could help make it if needed.

13. frozenfire06

Ratings:
    +23
    After universe being shut down, i feel like there hasnt really been anything unique added to the the server in a while. I think this could bring more players to the server, and it also seems like a really interesting gamemode
    I love the idea of having a rewards system in place, like being able to purchase world edit i think is a great idea, and maybe even being able to get /gm

+1

14. frozenfire06

Ratings:
    +23
    me too :(