New server idea

Discussion in 'Misc Suggestions' started by frozenfire06, Mar 13, 2019.

1. frozenfire06

Ratings:
    +25
    #1 frozenfire06, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 1:37 AM
    Okay, hear me out

I understand adding a new server to Omega Realm at this time may be difficult due to a lack of players, but the servers on Omega Realm now (while fun to play) are pretty basic gamemodes found on a ton of other minecraft servers. They are also very old, they have been on Omega Realm for a while. After universe was shut down Omega Realm lost a server that was helping to keep it unique, but that uniqueness attracts players. When different gamemodes are being removed and not added to Omega Realm, that loses the interest of the players who enjoy the servers being removed. So in my opinion even with advertising Omega Realm needs a unique gamemode to peak the interest of players.

Because universe coming back is not a possibility, I propose a new server similar to universe in the apect of access (in shops) to a wide range of blocks, and the ability to build whatever the hell you want. I also think there should be some sort of rewards system, for example if you could buy things like extra commands (/craft, /ec, /fix, /namecolor /skull etx), plot upgrades, maybe worldedit, player vaults, and the ability to make their plot/island or whatever pvp enabled. To prevent tp killing players should keep their inventory if they die. I think there should be an afk kick to prevent people from using alts and afking for keys, mining, and afking spawners/grinders because on current servers i think the lack of an afk kick is being abused.
    Everyone would be in survival, but everyone has access to /fly.

This idea isnt perfect but I do think there should be a new gamemode in place, so even if you trash this idea please keep in mind the purpose of the thread :heart:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Svantie

Ratings:
    +62
    Universe was shut down due to 2 reasons:

1: I went there a gazillion times, and mostly I was alone, or there were only 1 or 2 others. mostly afk..........
    2: The Universe plugin (yes the universe game type is a plugin) has been abandoned by the developer. He didn't update Universe since MC v.1.8.x and no-others made a fork of it. So its old and very buggy.

If you want something similair to universe (your own island in your own little world) , there is Skyblock (and i know you play there) :p
    I'm not making fun of your suggestion, but universe was super dead (dead with a cape around it's neck). And SB is some thing that looks the most like Universe.

3. frozenfire06

Ratings:
    +25
    Universe was shut down because the dev left and staff stopped paying attention to the server, and bugs/glitches wouldnt be fixed for months
    Skyblock is similar to universe but also very different. You dont have access to a lot of blocks and it limits creativity, skyblock is more make money and get a higher island level, where universe was more build cool shit

4. Sarim

Friend

Ratings:
    +932
    the dev left years before it got shut down by the way

5. frozenfire06

Ratings:
    +25
    I am aware, I actually have a thread posted talking about that