Omega logo

Discussion in 'Misc Suggestions' started by Soykk, Oct 8, 2018.

?

Do you like the current logo?

1. Yes!!!

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Needs editing

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Soykk

Ratings:
    +230
    [​IMG] The current omega logo looks dull and just terrible... It wouldn’t attract people who are just looking for servers. In my opinion, a person should make a new one or even make an event for the winners to be used and they’d get a store coupon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sarim

Friend

Ratings:
    +752
    looks well designed if you ask me - what makes it dull and terrible?

3. Diamondd

Ratings:
    +907
    #3 Diamondd, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Here's a bad recreation

[​IMG]

4. Ally

Ratings:
    +2,325
    R u kidin me it doesn't have unicorn poop on it that's what

5. Sarim

Friend

Ratings:
    +752
    that's what makes it good, yeah

6. rven

Ratings:
    +1,193
    Nobody looks for servers anymore, it's a matter of keeping people that are already on your server. I don't think logos play a significant role in keeping players, it's more of the actual contents of the server itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ally

Ratings:
    +2,325
    Ahhhh big words and good grammar is hurting my brainnnnn

8. Sarim

Friend

Ratings:
    +752
    [​IMG]

9. rven

Ratings:
    +1,193
    not sure what big words I used, feel free to let me know

10. Srijan

Ratings:
    +1,569
    lol evrythin’ abbrev. now, ‘nthing else is too comp. fo’ the web

11. Sarim

Friend

Ratings:
    +752
    "of"

• Like Like x 1
  12. irrelevant

Ratings:
    +1
    i completely disagree, some servers are still rising in popularity, people are still joining the server for the first time. Lets be honest, the server logo is not doing the situation any favours, it looks unprofessional and very dated. Obviously Omega would benefit from a redesign (not necessarily the website though) but the logo is one of many things omega would have to change in order to survive.

13. Sarim

Friend

Ratings:
    +752
    >unprofessional
    >dated

in what ways? that's very vague

14. irrelevant

Ratings:
    +1
    Its easy to say that the current server logo is "simplistic" or whatever, but it does not hold up to the high standards set by current, growing servers. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if the logo and banner were made in paintdotnet. The only reason omega has managed to get away with "https://minecraft-mp.com/images/banners/banner-97804.png" as its official server banner and its current logo for so long is because majority of new players were not joining from server lists and were coming in from zexys youtube channel. Without minecrafts popularity on youtube and zexy effectively "abandoning" the server (in terms of branding anyway), the staff must urgently seek other means of gathering new players because "factions is just not as popular as it used to be" is no reason for failure when hundreds of factions servers are still gaining players, even if the statement was to be provably true. Stopping a server from dying is by no means an easy task but i'm sure new players are not exactly impressed when they begin to encounter the many reported, but not yet fixed bugs that the staff team have never gotten around to sorting out, the countless reminders that there is a vote top prize despite that being discontinued many months ago. I mean you cant even play on the server for a day without someone stating that the server is dead/dying, imagine being a new player and seeing that plastered everywhere. When a market is shrinking like java factions potentially is, competition becomes a key focus for marketing as well as branching out into new, expanding markets. Omegarealms appears to be making absolutely no effort to stay afloat and at this point it may even be too late to revive the server to even a fraction of what it once was. I'm all for saving the server, but the task is not down to whats left of the community, but down to the administration. all the community can do is stay hopeful that there will be a revival, and stop stating that the server is dead in chat every hour.

15. Sarim

Friend

Ratings:
    +752
    You definitely make valid points, let me give you a different perspective on those sentences.
    From the owners perspective, saving omega is a waste of time and resources. You're putting massive amounts of effort, money and work into something that might not even work - and this is for a server that's just breaking even in terms of revenue. It's similar to what I said on the #saveomegarealm thread; there's no reason for Mike to genuinely care about the server, he's got a real job to upkeep which make him much more money than the server ever did, so there's no reason for him to seriously try for a revival - especially if it requires wasting more money and resources.

However much the playerbase might want Omega to become a massive server again, it's not likely to happen - and there's no reason for it to happen.

16. GustoWind

Ratings:
    +1,641
    It’s like living on false hope

17. Soykk

Ratings:
    +230
    Big facts