#saveomegarealm

Discussion in 'Misc Suggestions' started by ShadowFigure81, Aug 14, 2018.

1. YouthfulGaming

Ratings:
    +2
    +1, i love this!! ! ! ! !

• Like Like x 1
  2. GustoWind

Ratings:
    +1,641
  3. ShadowFigure81

Friend

Ratings:
    +231
  4. GustoWind

Ratings:
    +1,641
    #24 GustoWind, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    It was last edited in Mar 2017 and also that hasn't stop them for turning down mini-games, I'm pretty sure they learn their lesson from the whole CTF thing. Cause even when they put the effort into making mini-games, people end up not playing as much as they said they would, and it ends up being a big flop with so much work wasted. Mini-Games are a great idea overall but the long term effect and end result is whats keeping it from going forward. The Grid was also a prime example on how Omega and Mini-Games don't mix.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShadowFigure81

Friend

Ratings:
    +231
    I see

6. CriticalDaniel

Ratings:
    +129
    Well, nothing happened.

7. Lettin

Moderator Events Manager

Ratings:
    +1,502
    +infinate

8. ThyCellist

Ratings:
    +388
  9. Penguinyyy

Junior Mod Events Team

Ratings:
    +115
  10. Srijan

Ratings:
    +1,569
    minigames have failed in the past so much, from CTF to the grid. I don't think this will benefit the server, because the only reason a lot of people play is that the gamemodes are the kind where you have progress and you can return to them to do new things. The minigames wouldn't get any players after a little bit and they would die out because everyone would be tired of them or burnt out, sort of like how kitpvp usually doesn't have as many players on, and only has players on during periods of the day. In kitpvp, there's usually at least a few people on or there's nobody on, which is what would happen to the minigames, but I think barely anyone would play them. Omega just doesn't have the player base for minigames lmao.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ZeroToShiro

Helper

Ratings:
    +983
  12. Urrggg

Ratings:
    +11
    Agree with everything except the minigames, it's impossible to turn it into a minigame server with it's lack of players currently. Advertise and revamp everything on the server and maybe change the protocol.

13. Confictional

Ratings:
    +750
    #33 Confictional, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Omega really has a special place in my heart, but it can't happen. Probably I do not have faith.
    Yeah, sorry but people have grew from playing Minecraft, I don't think it will have the same amount of players back, even though I miss the old days...

But I rather this, then fucking trash ass fortnite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rven

Ratings:
    +1,193
    #34 rven, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM
    Sounds interesting. But I really don't know how Omega is going to survive if they don't introduce something unique. In the past, it was John that was able to bring the crowd because of his unique trolling videos that spread publicity and made people want to be apart of the action. Since that's gone, I think Omega needs to find that special opportunity to get people. Right now, there's nothing that differentiates the server which is why it's not doing so well. People can disagree with this and deny the fact that the server isn't doing well, but I mean a majority of game modes have less than five people on them. Only factions and creative are doing realistically ok. There have been way too many resets that make people believe the server will come back to life, such as the countless factions resets of "new perks" and "new plugins" that are nothing different. I am not hating on the server, but I am just merely trying to describe my opinion on what's going on. I think the first big step is hiring a really solid plugin developer because, even if there is a current developer (I am not aware), I don't think anything unique is being accomplished. Also, the decrease in people playing Minecraft has had an impact on the server, so in order to really fix the problem is to find that special thing to make someone want to come to Omega over another server. I really think that an arcade server won't help at all because there are countless arcade servers available. It just sounds like The Grid all over again. Also, many of the games you mentioned, such as slayer, were failures when launched. Something different needs to be released that grabs the eye like special mini-games. Simple arcade games that are on every server make any improvements. People have been suggesting very similar ideas for way too long, and I don't think anyone really cares to help it. I'm waiting for the tons of cliche fancily written replies about how hard the server staff works to make Omega great. You can send me that reply, but I haven't seen a major change in years. I'm just trying to open everyone's eyes to what I think is happening. Lastly, there are many encouraging replies on here that will just result in what we already have. I'm really sick of the "Big things are in the works" when we all know it isn't true. Constant "You don't see what management does behind the scenes." There has been absolutely nothing significant that has been accomplished in a very long time. Like seriously, why is the same "bug fixes" excuse been used for years? Management, why not just take a step back, from being so cocky and overconfident in your performance, and listen to what we're saying? A revamp of Omega won't fix anything if it isn't worthwhile. Maybe I'm completely wrong, and it's the decrease in the Minecraft player base that's causing this downfall, but I think it extends a little farther than that. That's all I really have to say.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I don’t remember slayer being a failure at first but people got bored of it as no new content was added except prestige’s that made the player disadvantaged anyway

16. Ally

Ratings:
    +2,325
    yeah... I stopped reading after 5 words in

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Sarim

Friend

Ratings:
    +752
    +1
    I think Omega should work on keeping its current playerbase, rather than expanding its playerbase to an audience that hardly exists.

must feel good to be illiterate

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Penguinyyy

Junior Mod Events Team

Ratings:
    +115
    +1 / Best way to say this, hell yeah.

19. Ally

Ratings:
    +2,325
    Excuse me, I can read and write its just that I can't be asked to read that all.

20. Cr0ssley

Ratings:
    +156
    What we need is an updated forum page to reflect the fact that hey we're taking this server shit seriously now. We need more content to advertise other than server types that almost all servers have, and some unique twist that makes them unique to Omega, There has been a suggestion for a Hide and Seek plugin that's been made for Creative, And you can make more like it.

Furthermore, We need new and unique events, with a big enough team to run them, I myself have suggested a "MegaEvent" that takes place over multiple servers and merges building and PvP.

There are literally millions of server suggestions being made on the forums but none are being used, just like 1.13.

But yes, adding content won't bring in players immediately, But if things to change, older players will come back to see them, and they just might enjoy it enough to return for good, as well a feverish attempt at advertising the server.

End of the day players won't want to join a server that looks and feels abandoned by its owners, so either the owners and admins step up, or we fall.