USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Scout removal.

Reaction score
For the past few months, I've noticed an increase in the use of scout kit. Scout is a fun kit to use but there are huge problems with it, the biggest problem ive seen is how easy it is to abuse or annoy people with which is very annoying to other players who are trying to play.

With scout, you get a speed 2 potion and a knockback 1 stick. It wouldn't be any bad if people didn't abuse this. There are many people who like to use them to annoy people and won't even play the actual game (I will not give any names out because I don't want to be rude).

Usually the annoyance happens when a player in scout runs up to someone and hits them then the other player fights back and the person in scout runs away and you cannot catch them, that isn't very fair to anyone because it ruins the whole point of kitpvp.

Thank you for reading, have a good day!

Cloven

Friend
Reaction score
For the past few months, I've noticed an increase in the use of scout kit. Scout is a fun kit to use but there are huge problems with it, the biggest problem ive seen is how easy it is to abuse or annoy people with which is very annoying to other players who are trying to play.

With scout, you get a speed 2 potion and a knockback 1 stick. It wouldn't be any bad if people didn't abuse this. There are many people who like to use them to annoy people and won't even play the actual game (I will not give any names out because I don't want to be rude).

Usually the annoyance happens when a player in scout runs up to someone and hits them then the other player fights back and the person in scout runs away and you cannot catch them, that isn't very fair to anyone because it ruins the whole point of kitpvp.

Yeahh I get your point but thats kinda how omega kitpvp is... A bunch of people drop in a pit and chaos breaks loose so -1

ClosetHacking

Friend
Reaction score
-1 My reason for sating that is because I personally do use scout for PVP instead of trolling, But I would say that removing the Kb 1 stick would be a better alternative to completely using the class. I personally use Scout to kill people that start running after starting a fight that they couldn't win.

Reaction score
Yeahh I get your point but thats kinda how omega kitpvp is... A bunch of people drop in a pit and chaos breaks loose so -1
literally the funniest and most agreeable thing i've ever read on these forums oml

the forums are so damn boring

Reaction score
I almost think that the scout should be buffed. It has the worst armor and all it does is run. It needs something in it that gets people to attack, not just troll.

The solution to something isn't removing it, it's actually making it better.

Why not make the gold chestplate an iron one, or make the sword sharpness 2? Then people wouldn't troll with it, they'd fight, like the game is meant to be.

Reaction score
-1 My reason for sating that is because I personally do use scout for PVP instead of trolling, But I would say that removing the Kb 1 stick would be a better alternative to completely using the class. I personally use Scout to kill people that start running after starting a fight that they couldn't win.
Thank you Riley, I agree with you with removing the knockback stick, they are quite annoying in situations.

Reaction score
I almost think that the scout should be buffed. It has the worst armor and all it does is run. It needs something in it that gets people to attack, not just troll.

The solution to something isn't removing it, it's actually making it better.

Why not make the gold chestplate an iron one, or make the sword sharpness 2? Then people wouldn't troll with it, they'd fight, like the game is meant to be.
Thank you for your input. You may just be right honestly, scouts are very easy to kill when put in a 1v1 situation. Removing the stick and buffing it would be perfect.

Reaction score
Thank you for your input. You may just be right honestly, scouts are very easy to kill when put in a 1v1 situation. Removing the stick and buffing it would be perfect.
i could see u becoming staff in the future if u apply. u seem formal enough, agree to others opinions, active on forums, helpful, etc. consider it

Reaction score
-1 and keep the stick plz I love this kit lol me and my friends play king of the hill with it and removing the stick will just make it not fun.
-1-1-1-1-1--1

xoxBellaxox

Friend
Reaction score
Honestly the kit isn’t ideal for pvp at all, the idea of speed 2 is to run towards/away from others, as the other aspects of the kit are fairly weak. Players who generally want to pvp will more often than not use Fighter. Besides, if they’re hitting you and running away then it wouldn’t have been a good fight anyway. -1

Reaction score
+1

Remove the knockback stick for a start (there's no purpose to it other than annoying players, and can barely be used strategically), and as an addition (most likely can't be added but will suggest anyway) is that they have Speed 1 similar to the rest of the kits, but when hit, they receive Speed 2 for a short moment, to get away, but not to make it so that they can get away TOO easily.

Reaction score

I actually agree with your premise.Problem is,if you think people who annoy others should be stopped,so do I.

You see,for Kits other than Fighter (I will go there later) they all have this "annoying" part people tend to exploit.For Archer kit,it's the jump boost and the constant bowspam camping.For Scout,all that you mentioned was mostly correct.And as for Brawler,their armor is a bit too buffed,the hits needed to kill one is much more when they don't even have any real disadvantages compared to say,Fighter.And as for Fighter itself...well,it's a problem for basically all kits : Fishing Rod Spamming.There has been a thread on that before (https://forum.omegarealm.com/threads/remove-rods.81259/#post-415391) and although now the thread is dead,I gave a thorough explanation there as to why rods should be more regulated.It's basically the same as Scout,really - Also,the rod has a slightly longer range than the knockback stick,which compensates for the fact that the knockback stick,well,has more knockback.Also,Scout does have a fishing rod anyways.That makes the fishing rod,which is an item that all kits include,capable of basically making all kits annoying.I mean,you basically can't catch a rodder either if they know when to snap their head and fling their bob towards you.Same as Scout,which is something you can't easily catch.And get this : We tried to talk about removing rods to prevent them from making all the kits annoying unspecifically,but they still are in the game.

So,according to your opinion/reasoning,shouldn't we technically abolish all kits?

(Please do note that this is my honest opinion,I am not directing insults towards anyone).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I actually agree with your premise.Problem is,if you think people who annoy others should be stopped,so do I.

You see,for Kits other than Fighter (I will go there later) they all have this "annoying" part people tend to exploit.For Archer kit,it's the jump boost and the constant bowspam camping.For Scout,all that you mentioned was mostly correct.And as for Brawler,their armor is a bit too buffed,the hits needed to kill one is much more when they don't even have any real disadvantages compared to say,Fighter.And as for Fighter itself...well,it's a problem for basically all kits : Fishing Rod Spamming.There has been a thread on that before (https://forum.omegarealm.com/threads/remove-rods.81259/#post-415391) and although now the thread is dead,I gave a thorough explanation there as to why rods should be more regulated.It's basically the same as Scout,really - Also,the rod has a slightly longer range than the knockback stick,which compensates for the fact that the knockback stick,well,has more knockback.Also,Scout does have a fishing rod anyways.That makes the fishing rod,which is an item that all kits include,capable of basically making all kits annoying.I mean,you basically can't catch a rodder either if they know when to snap their head and fling their bob towards you.Same as Scout,which is something you can't easily catch.And get this : We tried to talk about removing rods to prevent them from making all the kits annoying unspecifically,but they still are in the game.

So,according to your opinion/reasoning,shouldn't we technically abolish all kits?

(Please do note that this is my honest opinion,I am not directing insults towards anyone).
Tbh I wish it would just go back to normal, fighter and an Archer kit, nothing more.