USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Some Important Updates

Mikgreg

Owner
Reaction score

Hi everyone!
I have some important things to discuss with all of you today.

Ownership Changes

Some of you may have noticed already that @matthew no longer holds an Owner rank on Omega Realm. We've had some discussions recently about the amount of time that both of us have available to give this server the attention and care that it needs to keep running, the outcome of these discussions is that Matt feels that he no longer has the time to continue to give Omega the attention it needs. For this reason Matt has felt that it is best that he stepped down from the Omega Realm team.

While it is upsetting to see him go, I would like to publicly thank him for all of the work that he has put into this server over the past few years, he has been the single most important person from start-to-finish in creating all of the features that have been added to this server for a long while now. He knows this server like the back of his hand, and it'll be a challenge to pick up from where he left off. Matthew and I do not take a paycheck for keeping this server running, it is purely done to provide a place for people to play, and I can't put into words how much I appreciate the hours he has put into this place where I could not.

With that said though, this doesn't mean the end. We have plenty more to discuss.

Management Changes

You may also notice that a couple of roles have been changed within our management team (the Admins and SrMods). For similar reasons to the above, Yami and Ryan will be exiting their roles today to make way for fresh faces that can provide Omega Realm with the extra attention it deserves.

I would like to thank both @DragonYami and @ryan for the years that they have put into Omega Realm, these two have been around for a long time and have put countless hours into improving and running the server and being there for the community. I can't thank both of you enough.

The spots that have been opened up within the Administration team will allow for us to shuffle things around and produce fresh content over the coming weeks and months, I really think this should be an opportunity for growth for the server, rather than a disadvantage.

Which leads me into my third point of discussion.

New Additions

While it's not common for us to announce things before they are ready, I am excited to let you
guys know that over the next few weeks I will be working with @mike2500 to bring a much-missed gamemode back to Omega Realm, Slayer.

There will be a separate news post on this soon, but I hope this is exciting news for those of you who are reading this.

In addition to this, we are currently starting to plan out a revamp to our Skyblock server and would love to hear all of your ideas for
what we should include in it.

More information on the above to come soon.

Advertisement & Donations

Thanks to your purchases on the Omega Realm Store over the past few months Omega is coming into a position where it has saved enough money to look into doing advertisements again. We're not quite there yet, but I am hoping in the near future we can start to bring some fresh blood into our community.

I would like to thank every single one of you who has purchased something on the store whether it be long ago or recent, every purchase on the store goes towards the upkeep of the server and (hopefully!) the future growth of the community. We're nearly there, lets keep going!

That's all for now.
This is one of the more challenging situations that the server has been in a while, but I am confident that with some hard work we can pull through, we're even in a position where we can start looking at growth! I hope that I have all of your support in turning a new chapter on Omega Realm's story.

Thanks for reading.
-- Mike