USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Stuff I don't understand

Reaction score
So obviously unless you've been living under a rock, Omega Realm is undergoing changes. The announcement came out some time this month that they're gonna be trying to make it better by retraining staff, resetting punishment history, and trying to grow the community in general. These are some things that I don't think are good.

So, all punishment history was wiped for everyone a few days after the announcement. That doesn't really make sense to me because there's no way that staff was "retrained" by then. To me, I think the punishment history should be reset after the staff has been retrained, has good communication and the rules are "remastered" in a way. The punish history was already reset and I'm not saying this has happened but it could lead to the same thing with people getting punished to an extent of which they shouldn't be.

With the server being breached yesterday, it resulted in the server being down overnight. To "make up for it" there was a 50% off sale. Nothing really wrong with that. Just the timing. Obviously, the servers player count has decreased and pretty much everyone just plays Survival now. I don't see the point in having a sale before when the server resets in like a month because if you buy spawners or anything like that, it's gonna be gone. I think the sale should've happened after reset because players would be more inclined to purchase stuff because it's a fresh start and because it's not full price.

Another thing. I read the staff application requirements. One is that you need to be able to contribute at least 6 hours a week. Out of the 18 staff members listed on forums, I have only seen 9 or 10 online within the past few weeks. With that being said, I understand that everyone has other priorities in their personal life. But if they're not able to contribute the required time that's listed in the staff application, then should they really be a staff member at the moment?

I'm not trying to start any arguments or anything with this post. I am just voicing my opinions on it and why I think it isn't ideal.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

- Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, all punishment history was wiped for everyone a few days after the announcement. That doesn't really make sense to me because there's no way that staff was "retrained" by then.
At least when I was staff there was a google doc with all the protocols and punishment guidelines. What I think he meant by retraining was to change their current protocols and have all the staff read through it and look back at it when making new punishments until they have memorized it, but it will always be there in case they forget. If staff is still punishing based on the previous protocols, management will most likely let them know that that is no longer the way to punish. When you get helper/ jrmod you don't really get training in the traditional sense of the word, you just follow the protocol and ask your mentor/ other staff/ management if you have any questions, so retraining would probably be about the same.

Another thing. I read the staff application requirements. One is that you need to be able to contribute at least 6 hours a week. Out of the 18 staff members listed on forums, I have only seen 9 or 10 online within the past few weeks. With that being said, I understand that everyone has other priorities in their personal life. But if they're not able to contribute the required time that's listed in the staff application, then should they really be a staff member at the moment?
- Be able to contribute at least 6 hours to the server per week*
*We will make exceptions to this if you notify us of anything that may keep you from being online.

I think some of these cases are part of the exceptions but, I do believe at least some of the staff has lost the motivation to come on due to the lack of players. What I think is going to happen is that the people that do not want to come on anymore are most likely going to be demoted and they may accept more staff or just wait until the server gains more traction to do that.