The Problem with Politically Correct (PC)

Discussion in 'Random Posts' started by TeaCookiesDeath, Jan 11, 2017.

1. TeaCookiesDeath

Ratings:
    +373
    Post other examples or counter arguments below. Politics was made to be discussed!

My argument:
    Being politically correct for me just means you want to argue everything. Yes there might be an issue, or something that needs to be fixed, but in the vast majority of cases, politically correct statements either diverge from the truth, distract from the situation, or in the case below, are completely and utterly stupid.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=949694245161451&id=879606075503602&_rdr

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mathias

Ratings:
    +991
    If only Highsteel weren't banned...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. WhiteHaxer

Ratings:
    +105
    I know I might get a lot of hate for saying this but I actually see her point.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/nov/23/girl-scouts-boy-scouts-differences
    "The study found that the girls are offered more art activities than the boys, but science activities make up only 2% of their activities and 6% for the boys. The girls’ activities are more communal, with 30% of their badge work taking place in groups, while the boys work is more self-oriented with less than 20% of their work taking place in a group."

Don't get me wrong, starting a campaign to defund the Boy Scouts is definitely NOT the way to go around things. But I can understand why she would want to join the Boy Scouts. Not all girls are interested in arts; some prefer sciences and physical exertion. The Boy Scouts offers these more than the Girl Scouts do.

4. TeaCookiesDeath

Ratings:
    +373
    Good points. That's why boy scouts has seperate groups for boys and girl. In fact, my sister is a part of this, and she loves it. But, if you look at it, I don't believe girl scouts has ANY co-ed groups. Finally, I was in cub scouts for a year, and I preferred that it was only guys there. I feel that with both girl scouts and boys scouts, each gender gets their own space.

5. WhiteHaxer

Ratings:
    +105
    Yeah. I also feel like making it so that the Girl Scouts do more adventurous and science stuff would solve the problem. That way both groups would be doing pretty much the same thing and there would be nothing to complain about.

6. EVGRClutch

Ratings:
    +263
    This post is the definition of cancer.

7. __Fifi

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +521
    Not everything has to be politically correct and available to both genders.. If people have a problem with girl scouts not having more adventurous activities or not having a rank similar to Eagle then you take that up with the Girl Scouts instead of attacking a century year old organization that has focused on making better men. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having separate groups for boys and girls bc boys and girls are 2 almost completely different genders. Plus if you really want to be part of Boy Scouts there's always the Venturing program

• Like Like x 1
  8. Confictional

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +706
    everyone just needs to just smile

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Kirio

Junior Mod

Ratings:
    +1,005
    everyone just needs to die