USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Upcoming Survival Reset feedback

matthew

Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We're looking for some feedback on the current Survival season in future prep for a reset. Post any suggestions, feedback, etc below for a chance on your idea being polled in the near future.

Any unrelated discussion will be deleted, leave the appropriate rating on the suggestions you like and don't like and please refrain from responding to any ideas in this post.

Thanks.

xMamoru

Reaction score
Hey there!

Just wanted to see if I can add a few things to be added in the survival!

First off, and I'm not too sure on how possible this is, but adding in 1.14.3 items and structures in such as new blocks, and sunken ships. Again, if this is not possible i'd understand :smiley:

Also, Id like to suggest that maybe /shop could be re-entered into survival as well.

I appreciate you guys taking my suggestions into consideration. Thank you!

Reaction score
Make things overpowered.

What made things fun on survival back in the day was things being overpowered. You got boring-ass survival this reset because when staff looked at the suggestions for last reset people who didn't even play survival decided to drop their 2 cents into something they weren't even going to play and those suggestions got implemented.

Re-add MCMMO.

breaking a big ass jungle tree without tree feller makes people not want to play because it takes fucking ages for them to get their cocoa beans.

Crates are ASS.

Something else that was lacking this reset was crates. Yeah, at first crate keys seemed pretty solid because those were items that people actually needed at the beginning of the reset. Nowadays, looking at crates they are shitier than r/shitpost.

Getting peoples hopes up for features that get announced but never added.

Let's face it, nobody wants to play boring-ass 90% vanilla bullshit for 6 months for it to be reset. There is always that one feature that gets dropped from reset update notes like that one "arena" on survival two resets ago. As I was looking at /changelog on survival I saw "Arena has been removed" and I was dying really hard laughing because that feature never got added in the first place how could it have possibly been removed if it wasn't added :thonking:. I suggest actually announcing things that are going to get implemented because shit really gets peoples hopes down when a feature doesn't get added.

Custom Enchants.

Hopefully, this reset would try to not be vanilla or strive to be. introduce custom enchants to survival this upcoming reset would be hype as fuck because it would add an additional layer for players to enjoy like an auto smelting pickaxe.

Custom Terrain.

Custom terrain is something that I believe would spice things up on survival because players have been seeing vanilla terrain for the longest time and its boring. I'm sure mike still has EpicWorldGenerator.jar saved on his computer so that shouldn't be a problem.

Envoy Crates.

Introduce Envoy Crates which is a current feature in skyblock and implement it on survival in the "Arena" that never got added. This will give players something to look out for as this gives people a chance to get sweet rewards every 2 hours.

Reset the Nether and End EVERY month.

This use to be fun as fuck because I would wake up super fucking early jus to at least silk some blaze spawners before other people took them.

GKITS but none that don't make any sense.

The thing is with GKits like the "Builder GKit" is that you have people buying a premium gkit for like $15 and those blocks could easily be purchased with less than $1000 plus you are WAY better off buying a VIP VoidChest. This is just an example of the shit GKITS you can purchase on https://shop.omegarealm.com/. Add GKITS that people are actually going to buy instead of wasting time by adding it on buycraft.

Reaction score
Make things overpowered.

What made things fun on survival back in the day was things being overpowered. You got boring-ass survival this reset because when staff looked at the suggestions for last reset people who didn't even play survival decided to drop their 2 cents into something they weren't even going to play and those suggestions got implemented.

Re-add MCMMO.

breaking a big ass jungle tree without tree feller makes people not want to play because it takes fucking ages for them to get their cocoa beans.

Crates are ASS.

Something else that was lacking this reset was crates. Yeah, at first crate keys seemed pretty solid because those were items that people actually needed at the beginning of the reset. Nowadays, looking at crates they are shitier than r/shitpost.

Getting peoples hopes up for features that get announced but never added.

Let's face it, nobody wants to play boring-ass 90% vanilla bullshit for 6 months for it to be reset. There is always that one feature that gets dropped from reset update notes like that one "arena" on survival two resets ago. As I was looking at /changelog on survival I saw "Arena has been removed" and I was dying really hard laughing because that feature never got added in the first place how could it have possibly been removed if it wasn't added :thonking:. I suggest actually announcing things that are going to get implemented because shit really gets peoples hopes down when a feature doesn't get added.

Custom Enchants.

Hopefully, this reset would try to not be vanilla or strive to be. introduce custom enchants to survival this upcoming reset would be hype as fuck because it would add an additional layer for players to enjoy like an auto smelting pickaxe.

Custom Terrain.

Custom terrain is something that I believe would spice things up on survival because players have been seeing vanilla terrain for the longest time and its boring. I'm sure mike still has EpicWorldGenerator.jar saved on his computer so that shouldn't be a problem.

Envoy Crates.

Introduce Envoy Crates which is a current feature in skyblock and implement it on survival in the "Arena" that never got added. This will give players something to look out for as this gives people a chance to get sweet rewards every 2 hours.

Reset the Nether and End EVERY month.

This use to be fun as fuck because I would wake up super fucking early jus to at least silk some blaze spawners before other people took them.

GKITS but none that don't make any sense.

The thing is with GKits like the "Builder GKit" is that you have people buying a premium gkit for like $15 and those blocks could easily be purchased with less than $1000 plus you are WAY better off buying a VIP VoidChest. This is just an example of the shit GKITS you can purchase on https://shop.omegarealm.com/. Add GKITS that people are actually going to buy instead of wasting time by adding it on buycraft.
Custom terrain was bad before due to no cold biomes. if they readded them get some custom cold biomes, also custom enchants are overpower.
ALSO MAKE IT 1.12+ its been stail playing on 1.11 most plugins are updated to 1.13 nowadays so give us 1.12+ dont stay on 1.11 please.

Reaction score
Survival.
1. Bring back /pay! At the moment you don't have it. Due to this people have to trade to give money to other players or Auction things, Its a bit of a pain to do. (i understand it was removed for a reason, if their is no way to fix that Please just ignore this suggestion.)

2.Add Math games to Survival, Bro everyone loves the chat game at the moment adding Math game would make it a lot more fun and interesting for the players.
3. Kinda useless one here but it would be fun to have, You have Sit table chairs on Sky-block why not give Survival that too? Could be fun, i for one love having weird little get together s in my little groups town hall this could make it more fun if we could actually sit.
4. You have NPC's in Lobby,Sky-block and creative Why leave out survival? Yes you have /help which tells you what to do and all, but NPC's are more noticeable and i know players find them some what cool, Could be nice to have ;) (things the Npc's could list "Rules, Protection commands, /Rtp
Lowkey Representing the small community of survival right now this was someones suggestion ->
I somewhat agree with this and some what don't, Survival has a small population of players therefore i don't think resets should be a normal occurrence but i also think they should still be a suitable time apart from each other.

5. Chat games, The chat games at the moment are a lot of random words have the children/players on the server do not understand. Can we get them more Minecraft related? at the moment you get big words like Repercussions and all this other annoying jazz that has nothing to do with the game itself, Yes these random words do help the younger of the community by helping them learn how to spell the words (improvs their vocab) but lets be real, this is a child's game children don't wanna learn maybe adding more minecraft related things if possible could be extremely more fun and less hard, I see a lot of people have trouble guessing the current words.
6. MCMMO! yes this may make Survival a bit more op then we prefer! but the players really want it, perks you get from MCMMO like tree feller and the Perk where it instant places seeds after you harvest crops if your level is high enough could be nice, thought i would understand if this suggestion is unwanted as it would take away some of the aspect of vanilla from the game mode and make it more op then it should be, but i do still think its something worth looking into if possbile
7.Make it so Nether Portals work! A lot of nether portals on survival do not work due to this players find it hard getting to the nether. The nether holds many great resources that players like e.g Nether Brick and blaze spawners, But players are finding it hard to get here. It would be nice if they were fixed/added or whatevers going on with them.

8. Im not entirely sure if this is a thing or not But the nether and End Should reset every month or so. As i said in my last suggestion The nether holds many valuable resources a lot of players love this goes for the End as well, things like end cities are really sort apon on survival, The problem is they are always raided. Maybe making sure both the end and the nether get monthly resets so players have better chances of getting the resources would be good!
(Thats it for the survival suggestions for now, I will most likely add more later)
Personal feedback on this reset: At the moment survival is a fun and amazing place i love how vanilla it is and the community loves it too, i think its mostly perfect how it is :smiley:

Jamie

Friend
Reaction score
Honestly I think something needs to be done about the claiming method. As of now there’s not really an incentive to try and get more claims blocks as, regardless of whether your land is claimed or not, it still counts as grief if it is destroyed and will get rolled back. The only incentive I could see is preventing the wait for your land to get rolled back but that’s it. I would also like to see survival in the latest version of Minecraft

Reaction score
The voting crate is terrible. Nobody wants to get 128 terracotta or brick blocks from voting.

dragonfan96

Reaction score
Add Fishing contests in Survival using the plugin More Fish it allows players to earn a small amount of cash and give's fishing a new incentive for catching
These contests can be configured by an X hour and have prizes from 5th place to 1st and even hook things like vote keys or common keys as an extra incentive do do these contests.

Survival should also be 1.12.2 I kinda miss or want concrete blocks for building my castle etc.

Bring back mcMMO for Survival as well

However i dont think CE is really needed for Survival here at least and dont think wereally need it

Reaction score
Keep it mostly vanilla/Don't make it too OP

In my opinion, and also probably in most others opinion, having survival too OP is quite boring and it makes farming, grinding, mining etc pretty much pointless and keeping it vanilla makes it a lot simpler
But, you should keep:
- Basic commands like /home, /warp, /tpa etc
- Chest Shops
- Some spawners but keep them hard to get

Bring Back Tokens (/shop)

I think bringing back tokens would make a great way for non-ranked players to unlock some special perks, and even some will be useful for ranked players. Just don't make the perks too OP, otherwise it ruins the vanilla part of it all. It also will keep players grinding and motivated to play.
My suggestions for perks/items would be stuff like:
- More claim blocks
- Keys?
- /echest
- /workbench
- /fly?
- Silk spawners

McMMO

Bring back McMMO because it isn't too 'modded' and 'overpowered' but it just makes life a bit easier with perks like Tree Feller.

Reset Nether/End Monthly

This gives more players more of a chance to gather items like Wither Skulls and Blaze Spawners.

Remove Quests Completely

Quests just simply break the economy and are too overpowered, please at least make the prizes less OP and don't give players money via the quests.

Make Survival At Least 1.12-1.13 (If possible, 1.14)

Most plugins should at least be updated to 1.13 by now, and if the reset stays mostly vanilla not a lot of them will be needed anyway, I think it would be more fun if we had access to more items.

Reset PVs/echests

Remove Ore Blocks From Crates (Diamond Blocks, Emerald Blocks etc.)

Less Money in Crates

Reaction score
I don't have that many suggestions as just wanting to add my opinion on the matter.

Keep Survival Vanilla
If you want things like void chests and sellwands then go play skyblock. Survival is a gamemode that should be close to the vanilla experience, only adding quality of life improvements and other things to make it more enjoyable to play with others, as is the point of multiplayer. The fun part of survival is seeing what you can accomplish without things like ce's and mcmmo. It may be helpful to be able to take down a tree in one swing, but does that really improve the experience? Anything that gives you an easy way to avoid work is unnecessary, and only takes away from player's achievements. If you can do something in 10 minutes that used to take 2 hours, it makes that thing less meaningful. Keep chest shops, warps, homes, and other basic things along those lines. Those help people share their accomplishments with their friends, and others, without taking anything away from it.

Nether/End
This is one place I think should be changed from vanilla, simply due to it being multiplayer. In vanilla, you will be playing by yourself, and you will never manage to strip any of the dimensions of their resources. This being multiplayer however, and having hundreds of people playing on and off, only people who have more time to play can get many, if any, of the valuables from them. You are not able to claim in the nether or end, therefor people have no reason to be building there. Both dimensions should be wiped monthly to make it possible for people to get things such as elytra and shulkers. There is no reason this should not happen, it will not destroy any builds, and it will make it far easier for people who can only play occasionally to not fall behind us no-life's who play minecraft 24/7.

The server should not allow people to join on versions different from the server, at least for survival. If people are still able to join back to 1.8 then there's no point updating, we can't use any of the new features. It is not hard to change versions. You have to know how already to be playing on an older version. Even if you did it, then forgot, a 10 second google search would show you how. If people are so attached to older versions then there are other servers out there to play survival on, but letting everyone do whatever they want for no reason only makes the overall experience worse. (obviously I want the server to update to 1.14, yes, if nothing else at least 1.13)

Quests
Who doesn't know the quest meme, you can get like 15k or something like that for making a cake, more than one of the largest shops on the server would make in a day. I will say simply, I like quests, however, nightmare quests have to go. The other categories are a fair way to get exp or money, but every single nightmare quest is broken. I think it would be helpful to keep quests, especialy for shop owners to get exp bottles, but if nightmare quests cannot be removed on their own, get rid of them all

Crates
Please, please buff crates, they are literely worthless as they are now. I accumulated around a stack of vote keys at one point and threw them out because I knew I would never be bothered to go open them. There is no reason to use them as they are now, and clearly need to be reworked. I think this is the one thing that no one would disagree about, they're awful.

Quick suggestions
  • Reset pv's and ender chests​
  • get rid of the need for silk spawners, or add some way to get it in game​
  • fix broken ass nether portals​
  • math chat game = best chat game, bring to survival​
  • why is /marry tp disabled? it's a useful command, bring it back​
  • /pay​
  • /rename​
  • /addlore (I think that's what the command is called)​
  • seriously why are there so many commands that have been removed? surely they can't all be exploitable​
  • also /skull for pro rank?​
TLDR

Vanilla mc ftw, fuck quests, fuck crates, fuck mcmmo, play on the server version, fuck crates again​

Reaction score

Don't strive to be "Vanilla"

I believe that striving to be "vanilla" is VERY overrated. For players who wish to enjoy a vanilla experience, I highly recommend you create a single-player world because that is as vanilla as it gets.

Re-introduction of "Token Shop"

When the token shop was introduced this was one of the best times to be on Survival. I would spend countless hours trying to get an iron golem spawner and it was very enjoyable. This feature was something really unique at the time and pretty successful. Token boosters were also cool so I would love to see them return with OLD ranks like the "Omega Rank" and the current ranks.

Custom Enchants

If these don't get added I'm going to riot

The 1.12 Experience

I believe that 1.12 is the right adjustment moving on this coming reset. It isn't too much of a hassle of trying to worry about outdated plugins and it has the right amount of features to be enjoyable. A fast switch of more updated versions could easily turn people off.​