[Updated] Hi, I'm IzMatt.

IzMatt

Friend
Reaction score
Last edited: October 18, 2019

Note: this is not a goodbye post.

Hello!
Hope you're doing swell!

I'm slightly self conscious about talking too much.
Little background and other interesting tidbits:
My name is Matt. Some people call me Matty and should you wish to do the same, go for it. I was born in 2003 in a small town in the Midwest. I was born 2 weeks early, and because of this I quickly encountered some life-threatening issues. I had to get a trachea when I was only about a month old. I stayed hospitalized for nearly 3 months because of this issue. We found out that I had this issue when I would get excited or eat, I would literally turn grape purple and stop breathing. 16 years later I still have a scar because of improperly trained doctors. My favorite color is really any type of green or blue. Mainly this or this. Oh and yeah, burgundy red is also a good color.

What type of music do I prefer:
Well, this is a tricky question. I enjoy maybe types of music whether it's electro, pop, classical piano, etc.. I've always jumped around from genre to genre finding new pieces I enjoy and just go from there. I also enjoy a variety of music from movies and t.v. shows as well. If you're interested in what I listen to while I play on the server just send me a message on Discord and I'll send you a listening invite (Spotify).

As stated above, I used to turn purple whenever I would eat or get excited, but that isn't everything that is interesting about myself, I promise. I love bowling whether it's competitive or just for fun, and not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good at it too. I also thoroughly enjoy writing stories. I try to write a few (8+) novels a year and store them in google drive. I also enjoy performing piano pieces. Not very good at it, but I try to learn a few songs every couple months. Cooking has always been an interest of mine, and I've recently decided to continue learning and expanding my knowledge of culinary arts, as there are many careers out there for it.

Joke interruption!
What does the weather do before it rains candy?
It sprinkles!

Anyone a fan of space, or more specifically Star Trek? I am.
I've always been interested in space and our galaxy, and Star Trek is my go-to show or movie to binge. If you're not a fan of Star Trek I highly suggest you check out Star Trek: Voyager first. It may be one of the most recent shows, but it's my favorite. It can show a lot about a strong female role as well.

Fan of reading? No? Me either. However, if you are, I highly suggest you check out a book entitled 'Sunrise Over Fallujah'. It's a wonderful book based on Robin's (or Birdy as everyone calls him) experiences as he travels the middle east in the midst of a war. Quite intriguing if I do say so myself. (It's also my favorite book.)
My biggest pet peeve would definitely have to be people. I know that sounds really harsh and weird, but just hear me out. Often times people don't give things a fair chance. Many people in my life won't go near Star Trek or books, but they may like it after all. I used to hate Star Trek, but once I realized I actually was interested in space and the universe it grew on me quite quickly. If you don't like something, just try it. I personally hate tomatoes and mushrooms, but I'll eat them if they're in something I've never tried before like a condemient or a topping on something. Just go for it. Nothing good can happen if you don't try. -Me.
Now for the sad part.
On August 12, 2018, I read an 'ACCEPTED' tag on my helper application with @cybrsex's message explaining how I got accepted. I was overjoyed. At this time, Omega was still decently popular, and many people were behind my idea about applying for staff. My batch was a great one, with one (@angie) being the only member left currently.

On September 16, 2018, 5 of us (Tonal, me, Angay, Sadeee, and someotherguy333) got promoted to junior moderator. Once again I was overjoyed. My first punishment I gave anyone was for racial slurs on my first day. As a junior mod, we always called each otherand there used to be a screenshot of the jrmod crew, however I was not in this screenshot.
October 8, 2019 I joined the events team.

Later, on November 11, 2018, three of the five of us received the MOD rank. This was Angay, me, and Tonal. Sadeee stayed as a junior mod due to inactivity, but she eventually got mod and I was so proud. Tonal was the first mod in our batch to retire due to being busy I believe. Sadeee later got removed, but we still love them both. So only Angie and I remained. Angie got the admin rank on December 20, 2018. (congrats). I stayed as a mod for quite some time until the day of May 13, 2019. Having our previous staff meeting on May 12 and getting SOTM (staff of the month) on that same day, we were all waiting for something to happen whether it's the staff meeting summary or something else, something did eventually appear in my DMs. At approximately 5am, @Mikgreg messaged me on Discord asking me if I wanted to become an admin. I started shaking at this point. At this time, I had just woke up and decided to check discord as my phone said something along the lines of 'Discord: Mikgreg...', so I went to my computer. He allowed me to get admin. I am super grateful for that opportunity, and I recently retired on August 15 due to complications and being busy in real life.

All in all, it has been a wild ride. I'm super grateful for being a part of this amazing community and wouldn't want anything different. Thanks to everyone, especially @Mikgreg, @stewart, and @Sadeee.
Oh and @investigators. Not only for friend rank, but well, for being a friend. You are always a person I can trust with anything and likewise. You give me the things I need the most which includes help during rough times and everything else. I hope we can still be friends even though I yeeted from the team. I'll always love you. xx

Again, this is not a goodbye post. I am not leaving. :>

Last edited:
Reaction score
When your whole perspective of a person changes once you read about their life story is mind blowing. Hopefully you're doing much better now Matt. Also, I have a scar too! Two actually. This really goes to show how you should never judge anyone without knowing their background.

IzMatt

Friend
Reaction score
YOU LEFT ME IM SO SAD BUT I LOVE YOU
ily2
When your whole perspective of a person changes once you read about their life story is mind blowing. Hopefully you're doing much better now Matt. Also, I have a scar too! Two actually. This really goes to show how you should never judge anyone without knowing their background.
I know right, and thank you. It's quite surprising about what we assume about people without knowing more about them.