USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

What happened...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey!
I use to play on this server a longgggg time ago back when Creative had hundreds of players and I was wondering what even happened. Now it rarely gets players and it's down to 44 overall?

Reaction score
Short answer? John stopped playing Minecraft.
Long answer? It's complicated. Since John stopped playing, the server stopped getting any meaningful promotion and so no one new really plays. Everyone was also hoping to get trolled by John so when he quit everyone lost interest.

sorry.

Reaction score
Short answer? John stopped playing Minecraft.
Long answer? It's complicated. Since John stopped playing, the server stopped getting any meaningful promotion and so no one new really plays. Everyone was also hoping to get trolled by John so when he quit everyone lost interest.

sorry.
Man that sucks.... do you think it will start being advertised again?

Jamie

Friend
Reaction score
44 is actually really good compared to what the server has been at for the past few months. I’m seeing new players join everyday on survival so I’m hoping that with the new revamps the server could get more players as a whole.

Alex

Friend
Reaction score
I feel like omega is slowly on the rise again. The most we get nowadays is about 65 on average, and that's pretty good compared to what we usually had with about 10-12 at most. On a Saturday. Yes, the server is being advertised on voting websites and we get new players daily. Although John no longer playing on the server, who says we won't be able to get a playerbase once again :smiley:

Reaction score
I just got in creative due to sheer boredom and all the memories are coming back. It's sad to see that the server is practically dead. Creative use to be the moves back in 2016 with all my friends. I remember staying up all night talking to random people and just having hella fun. I hope something causes this to come back :(

Reaction score
I just got in creative due to sheer boredom and all the memories are coming back. It's sad to see that the server is practically dead. Creative use to be the moves back in 2016 with all my friends. I remember staying up all night talking to random people and just having hella fun. I hope something causes this to come back :(

I agree 100% I miss those times in Creative when there was ATON of people online and you stayed up all night just having fun together. I always made some amazing friendships.

Reaction score
I just hope Omega turns into what it once was, but yeah, it’s been getting a lot of players compared to what it usually got as of one year ago

Reaction score
Two simple things.

Zek doesn't advertise so no new players come in.

Everyone that did play grew up.
Lol no.
Firstly management stopped trying in around late 2017, so people started quitting then by the time they started trying again, the playerbase was small. Zek stopping playing also removed some players but that isn't the only reason the server has gone down in numbers.

Reaction score
I feel like omega is slowly on the rise again. The most we get nowadays is about 65 on average, and that's pretty good compared to what we usually had with about 10-12 at most. On a Saturday. Yes, the server is being advertised on voting websites and we get new players daily. Although John no longer playing on the server, who says we won't be able to get a playerbase once again :smiley:
corona time

Reaction score
I feel like the reason the server is even getting the number of players it is right now is because of the current pandemic where people can't go to school. From experience, the server dies after holidays. That doesn't have to mean the gained playerbase will just disappear though, so whether the server will return to its former size we will have to wait and see for ourselves.

silveranna

Friend
Reaction score
Like others have said, a large part in decline is due to a lack of advertisement on a YouTube end. As for kicking advertising back up, Omega is listed on several voting sites. What I assume you meant, however, is advertising in the terms of YouTube. Obviously I can't say with full certainty if that would happen, but I highly doubt that would happen anytime soon. Maybe if the server starts picking up steam it'll happen :smiley:
Like you I am saddened to see Omega smaller than it used to be since I've formed a good portion of my memories here. Sometimes you just have to reflect on the past, and enjoy the dedicated playerbase Omega has today.

Also for the person that said management stopped trying in 2017. That's a stupid statement lmfao.

Reaction score
I agree with the thought that the pandemic is a reason Omega has been getting its players now... Which sucks cause that means soon it’ll go back to, like, 10 players, maybe not even

Reaction score
Like others have said, a large part in decline is due to a lack of advertisement on a YouTube end. As for kicking advertising back up, Omega is listed on several voting sites. What I assume you meant, however, is advertising in the terms of YouTube. Obviously I can't say with full certainty if that would happen, but I highly doubt that would happen anytime soon. Maybe if the server starts picking up steam it'll happen :smiley:
Like you I am saddened to see Omega smaller than it used to be since I've formed a good portion of my memories here. Sometimes you just have to reflect on the past, and enjoy the dedicated playerbase Omega has today.

Also for the person that said management stopped trying in 2017. That's a stupid statement lmfao.
Soyk's statement is absolutely correct

Reaction score

I don't know how that is a stupid statement. Firstly how many resets were in 2017? Oh yeah 2 factions resets(after march of that year). Wow so much. Also zek stopped playing around end of 2016, the server definitely wasn't near dead in the end of 2016. In 2017, we barely saw management do anything then you'd see the playerbase decrease and decrease because there was nothing new to the server.

OneMic

Friend
Reaction score
Lol no.
Firstly management stopped trying in around late 2017, so people started quitting then by the time they started trying again, the playerbase was small. Zek stopping playing also removed some players but that isn't the only reason the server has gone down in numbers.
If I remember correctly, many of the management members around that time started getting lives since they were getting older and that's why a lot of them retired around that time. So I wouldn't say they stopped trying, they were just busy which is why they aren't around anymore. But I do think the slower updates on the server did damage the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.