Info Your own event ideas!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hannay, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Boostinq

Ratings:
    +1,537
    Events server is currently down but will be looked into once it is open.

2. Cr0ssley

Ratings:
    +161
    So this is an extract from https://forum.omegarealm.com/threads/event-suggestion-organisation.80923

Its now to late to run the event in time for new years, so im putting it here in hopes it's run after new years
    (It would be a fun super event to do, afterall it brings the entire server together)

IGN: cr0ssley

Name: End of Year MegaEvent

About your event:
    I'll start saying this took me a long time to come up with this, so everything I can think of has been taken care of ... oof

The event is a 2 stage event, the stages are:
    - Stage 1: Building stage
    - Stage 2: PvP Royal stage

Stage 1: Building Stage
    This stage is run for about 1-3 weeks

The Arena can be made on any server OR even in single player ... provided you hold clear to the size restriction

The size of the arena is:

151x151 (Or a 4 plot merge in Creative) (For a 10 player royal)

Now I don't have much idea regarding the spawning of players so for the sake of ease for the Events Team (And you reading this), assume the following:

- Place an unnatural block in the place where players should spawn in the event that the arena is chosen.
    - Create a spawn box in which players spawn and are dropped out of.

(If this is accepted the Events Team chooses or creates a better way of marking where players spawn in the arena)

The Arena should have:

- Obstacles and obstructions in the way to make combat interesting
    - Clear sections with little to no obstacles
    - High points for bow users to fire down from.
    - No way to get out of the map (Use Barriers and other things)
    - Traps, like dispenser traps, piston traps, lava traps, etc.
    - Make sure that the map is friendly to 1.8 (Or the version the Events Team comes up with)

Submitting:
    In order to enter, the arena you make must be placed in a reply to a Stage 1 post from a member of the Events Team using the formats:

IGN(s) (Note: Multiple players can help, but only one gets the reward)
    Singleplayer Download OR Warp/plot number
    Images / Video of the plot
    The ID (or name) of the block used to mark player spawns

Placings:
    Since the end of the year is near when this is run, why not have expensive ranks?
    1st place: Epsilon

2nd place: Gamma

3rd place: Delta

The top 5 maps will end up being used

Maps are marked on the points mentioned above as well as the visual astetics.
    Stage 2: PvP Match
    This event is run for 2-4 days, with a 1-2 week break between the first stage (To give time to prepare Kit for the event)

The Kit given is decided by the Events Team (Since I have no idea how to PvP), but its advised to have multiple kinds of kits so players can play to their strengths.

Matches and the scoring system:
    Now, this is pushing it the most, but each kill gives 1 point to that player, each match continues till one player reaches 20 points, that player is crowned victor of the match, the points which players gained through a match are added to their personal total score in which each player has their own score, with the players with the most points gaining prizes.

Victors have their score boosted by 50% before being added (So it becomes 30 points total)

Dying doesn't negate points.

Hackers and Cheaters:
    With such a large event being run, staff need to be on their toes, this means that the auto-banning system needs to be tested and put into full effect before the event, with staff members of all classes assisting to keep matches fair. (Normal players can help by calling the hacker(s))

Rewards:
    Like the First stage, the rewards are big and worth fighting for:

1st place: Epsilon

2nd place: Gamma

3rd place: Delta
    Other Information
    Some final information for the event:

Since it's now too late to be run in time for New Years the event can be run so the break between stage 1 and 2 fit into New Year's Eve. That or the event as a whole is run after new years. (Timing will end up being the hardest so think hard guys)

Advertisement for this event will be needed in order for it to run well, especially during the first stage.

Also if you need a video or something for the event I can certainly help ;)

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. xoxBellaxox

Senior Mod

Ratings:
    +1,973
    We will look into doing this for next year. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. CriticalDaniel

Ratings:
    +131
    I'll try to make it kind of simpler.

5. Matthew Beck

Ratings:
    +107
    IGN: ohmyglobITSmatt
    Name: Plot of the Year
    About: Only the year's 12 POTM winners can enter their award-winning plots, and the staff get together and vote who's is the best.
    Prize: Whatever comes after Beta (and their gets head displayed at spawn)

6. shockal

Ratings:
    +331
    #166 shockal, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Your in-game username: Shockal

Your event's name: Fist Fight

About your event:

Before the event starts: you are dropped onto a very large floating island. During waiting time, nobody can be punched, but when the timer hits 0:00 everyone becomes vulnerable and the smacking begins. There are a variety of environmental hazards that will be designed to knock people into, such as cacti, webs, lava and cliffs (everyone will be on adventure mode to prevent picking up and exploiting blocks). The floating island is located 30 blocks above ground so nobody can survive if they tumble off. There will be one Ender Dragon present during the entire fight so it is guarantee that nobody will camp, since the blocks will be thinning out every time the Dragon dives through.

If for some reason you cannot build the battle island above the ground, build it above the void so people will still die if they fall, or perhaps a large pool of lava or cacti to make things more sadistic.

Prize:
    I would have said rank, but I believe ranks should be more limited to payment options and should not be easily accessible to not convince people to wait for the opportunity to sorely snatch a free rank. As a result the prize be should be something small but storable, such as a colored name tag, keys, coins or free survival items such as diamond armor.

You can try money if you want though.

No Guarantee To Get Your Money Back Terms and Coniditons Apply @Shockal.Inc Corporate Institutions Contact For Details

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. shockal

Ratings:
    +331
    m a t e

8. xoxBellaxox

Senior Mod

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Great idea! We will see what we can do. Thanks!

9. BoiItsDemon

Ratings:
    +0
    Username: Smecksy

Event Name: Zek Comp

About My Event: All of the participants will be put into random unclaimed plots in the creative server, once that has happened everyone will have 30 minutes to build the best ZexyZek skin. No tutorials are allowed as that would mean everyone would have the exact same which is unfair.

Prize: The prize for the best ZexyZek skin will be Alpha rank as it is the cheapest rank.

10. NZ_MOSE

Ratings:
    +90
    Username: KiwiPlayz__

Event Name: Team Build

About My Event: You can enter into teams with 4 friends or get put with four random people, you have 30 minutes to build a something on creative, everyone gets worldedit and the plots are 2x the size of a normal one.

11. Soykk

Ratings:
    +333
    Your in-game username: S0yk
    Your event's name: Event
    About your event: There's an event where you can try to think of an event and who thinks of the best event gets a delta and the event happens.
    Prize: Delta

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ellieee

Ratings:
    +323
    Your in-game username: QueenOfDespairx

Your event's name: Murder!

About your event: So a staff member has committed a murder and the players of Omega have to find out who the murderer is.
    All staff will need to act suspicious, the players who take part have 3 guesses to find out who the murderer is. If they guess wrong 3 times then they are out of the event. As each night passes the murderer will kill a new person and the players need to find clues to figure out who killed the player. It's like Murder Mystery but everyones the detective. There will be 5 rounds and the murderer changes each round.

Prize: The person who find the murderer the most could recieve, a tag of their choice or Alpha/Delta.

• Like Like x 4
  13. xoxBellaxox

Senior Mod

Ratings:
    +1,973
    Great ideas, will see what we can do. However, try and post them in Events Suggestions instead.

14. DADDYBEARR

Ratings:
    +0
    #174 DADDYBEARR, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Build off
    The build off will be held on the survival server starting May 1st and runs through June 1st.. one person per lot.. lots are 20x20 , I will pick 3 judges. thats means 3 winners.... winners win PRO RANK and $5 item in realm store... Now if already have a rank and a winner You get $15 in items for in game purchase for which ever server you prefer to play on. This is not server sponsored I am paying winnings out of my own pocket.. so Log onto survival do /warp buildoff and you can see where it be held

15. Vincent100

Ratings:
    +31
    Your IGN: SoAsian
    Your event's name: Factions Raid Event
    About your event: An admin, will create a special faction and set a warp outside of it and basically it will be like a base with spawners, armor, and etc.
    Event's Prize: make a room in the base where there are chests with prizes such as a fly voucher, or a rank.

16. Beerislooov

Ratings:
    +0
    Czemu tutaj pokazuje sie wegierskie forum?

Why is the Hungarian forum shown here?

17. IzMatt

Admin

Ratings:
    +429
    Nie wiem co masz na myśli. Rozpocznij rozmowę ze mną, ponieważ to forum służy do tworzenia pomysłów na wydarzenia, a nie ogólne rozmowy.